Thread: Austin boaters.

57lxi
    Moved here a couple of years ago from Albuquerque. Lookin for some local boatin buddies. I ain't no fair weather boater either. Ran the rig thru December of last year. Gotta love the Texas boatin season. Lovin the 45 minute drive from my house to the water, beats the hell outa the 2-1/2hr drive to the water in New Mexico ( 'da Butte). My main function when I go boating is to show no respect for fossil fuels, stop, swim around and do it again, maybe drag the kids around in the tube, repeat as needed.

copterzach
    We are having a get together at Lake Corpus Christi at Sunrise Beach on Labor Day weekend. We about 3 hours south of you. Our little function is called Jet Fest. You do not need to have a jet boat. You can read more about it on Texas Hot Boats.com. Look forward to hearing from you. PM me and I will call you.

57lxi
    Thanks for the invite, but this weekend is planned up. I don't mind running with "squirt" boats at all, hate being behind 'em when they decide to throw a roost. Makes my auto bilge pump come on and dilutes my "beverage". I am hoping to broaden my boating horizons for next season. Travis is fun, but I am getting kinda bored. I will look up "Corpus lake and see about adding it to my list of "check 'em out's".

rrrr
    Check out the rest of the "Highland Lakes", upstream from Travis. Lake Buchanan is beautiful, Lake LBJ is sposed to be nice too.

taylormanss
    Thanks for the invite, but this weekend is planned up. I don't mind running with "squirt" boats at all, hate being behind 'em when they decide to throw a roost. Makes my auto bilge pump come on and dilutes my "beverage". I am hoping to broaden my boating horizons for next season. Travis is fun, but I am getting kinda bored. I will look up "Corpus lake and see about adding it to my list of "check 'em out's".
    what kind of boat do ya have? if you are planning on running at lake corpus christi you better make sure they have water in the lake,I talked to the state park which is on the dam end of the lake and they told me the lake was 13 feet low.And that none of their boat ramps were usable.

Taylorman
    Do you have a big boat. We were at Lake Travis early this summer and they had tons of big boats.

R.A.D.man
    What part of Travis are you usually on, which ramp do you launch from? I boat there often. I am now launching from the shoreline in Pace Bend Park. The area called tournament point. Lots of the ramps are no longer usable on the upper south side of the lake. I have a jet and a 4wd, so I have had no problems. Lots of water still there, just not as many boats. It's rather nice.
    You should check out Lake LBJ. It is 2 lakes west of Travis on the Colorado chain. It is constant level, so if you want to see something else, check it out, it is a big lake, just not as big as Travis. No worries about water level there.

R.A.D.man
    Thought this could be helpful.
    I launched again this weekend from the shoreline at tournament point at Pace Bend Park and I was stuck 2 different times. Even had a tow truck on the way in desperation, but was able to call them off. If anyone tries this now, the lake level is low enough that most of the good launching areas I am familiar with are no longer good. Be very careful, what looks like rock, may be clay with rock on top. I know this all too well now. I did find one obviously rocky area at the furthest point out and retreived easily with 4wd in the end. Made for some head scratching times for a while.
    The day one the water was however great. Much less traffic now. I am sure I will do it again soon.
    BTW, the new ropes sold for towing tubes are far stronger than I ever expected. I was stuck down to the differentials in a 2 door Yukon and it is what pulled me out. Its nice to know good drunk college kids are still out having fun with old 4wds. Whomever you were, thanks again and hope you enjoyed the "beer and pizza" money as you put it.

sbradwell
    You may concider joining Ltpa.net its the power boat club on Travis.
    Lots of serious boates there check out the pics on the site.
    Many of us boat Travis,Texoma,down to houston ,clear lake
    and down to Lousiana,Floridia.
    Club offers gas and marine discounts and always a good time all events we do are for non profit.We are planning holloween party around the end of month should be posted soon look for free food and good times come by boat we will be at johnney Fins for this one.What kind of Boat do you have.
    Simon