Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: LHC Council Prays before they start a council meeting

mickeyfinn
    I have always wondered what the problem is. Most who object don't believe. Can't prove the God doesn't exist as you can't prove a negative. If you don't believe you still want good decisions. If a prayer gives someone confidence why do you care? Shouldn't be any different than a pitcher who wears his lucky underwear. If there is a God would you not want his guidance? Either way no harm is done. Our laws were originally based on judea-christian beliefs. Things worked pretty well until we started watering the laws down.

Mrs.Killer
    OH leave Kilr alone, the lord needs your prayers more than he does......

little rowe boat
    I don't have a problem with it.

LAPII
    YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME...
    Nowonder this town is so back ass...
    What happen to seperation of church and state
    Then why do you continue to boat there, there are lots of other lakes.

hotlavey
    Asking for guidance from god before making a decision which you are already bias on, is not the way to conduct business, especially government business
    So give us an example of how it has affected any decisions one way or another.

SmokinLowriderSS
    [QUOTE=Kilrtoy]Says me....
    make a decision based on what is correct,
    not on what the church wants[/QUOTE
    I dont think they are hurting anything as long as they dont start basing their decisions on lightning strikes and sh#t.
    Amen! LOL

Troy McClure
    I have always wondered what the problem is. Most who object don't believe. Can't prove the God doesn't exist as you can't prove a negative. .
    You can't prove a negative, however, you can't prove that God does exist either. Which would be proving a positive BTW. Proof is hard to come by for the religious, unless you BELIEVE for some reason. What's up with that????

mickeyfinn
    I don't argue that. It is a matter of faith.

Sleek-Jet
    Asking for guidance from god before making a decision which you are already bias on, is not the way to conduct business, especially government business
    Welcome to small town USA... don't like it, move back to focking California... or get involved in the local political scene and change things...
    People simply amaze me... they move out of Cali to get away from all the PC bs or what ever lame ass reason you can think of to leave... and want to change wherever you move to right into where you left from... If I had a quarter for everytime I heard some Kalifornian refuge say "That's not the way we did it in "Fill in rat infested ceaspool of a city back in California", I could afford a new boat.

Troy McClure
    From Wikipedia:
    The phrase "separation of church and state" does not appear in the Constitution, but rather is derived from a letter written by Thomas Jefferson to a group identifying themselves as the Danbury Baptists. In that letter, quoting the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, he writes: "I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof, thus building a wall of separation between Church and State." Letter to Danbury Baptists (1802)
    Thomas Jefferson BTW was the author of the Declaration of Independence. Ironically one of the only documents that helped to found this country that actually mentioned the word God.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast