Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: New Channel Ordinances

Kilrtoy
    Here they are Rick, you can read for yourself, why are they making new laws when these are already in place
    can you tell me why they created new laws when
    Article 5-341 section B is ready in place
    B is above wakeless speed, but refer to A to cover B in other cases
    and Article 5-341 section 2 subsection C
    ARE ALREADY IN PLACE AND HAVE BEEN as far as I can tell since 08/09/2001

phebus
    The stink is this this RICK.....
    They city council is wasting alot of time and money in some absurd attempt to reinvent the wheel....
    They need to get down to running this city...
    Lets talk about the sewer project, Lets talk about the crime in this town, lets talk about the major drug problem in this town, lets talk about quality of life issues.
    Well, from my personal experience, the worst people you can have trying to solve the issues of the community, is the city council. Who wants a bunch of hayseed yahoos deciding our future. The best thing that could be done, would be to get a good city manager, with a talented staff, and a smart enough council to vote on their reccomendations.

Kilrtoy
    here it is, sorry
    Negligent operation of watercraft or water skis; restriction in operation of watercraft
    A. No person shall operate a watercraft in a careless, reckless or negligent manner or in disregard of the safety of any person or property .
    B. A person shall not operate a watercraft while allowing a person to ride on the gunwales, the transom or the decked over bow of a watercraft propelled by machinery operating in excess of wakeless speed except if:
    1. That portion of the watercraft was designed and constructed for the purpose of carrying passengers at all speeds.
    2. The watercraft is being maneuvered for anchoring, mooring or casting off moorings.
    C. No watercraft shall be operated with a passenger or passengers on the bow in such a manner as to obstruct the view of the operator.
    D. No person on water skis, a surfboard or a similar contrivance shall behave in a careless, reckless or negligent manner or in disregard of the safety of any person or property .
    They are saying it is a dangerous and its about safety, so I highlighted a portion of A to help with clarifiication

Todd969
    The stink is this this RICK.....
    They city council is wasting alot of time and money in some absurd attempt to reinvent the wheel....
    They need to get down to running this city...
    Lets talk about the sewer project, Lets talk about the crime in this town, lets talk about the major drug problem in this town, lets talk about quality of life issues.
    No! that is asking too much, instead lets think up new inovative idea's like
    HEY CHECK IT OUT, I FOUND THIS LAW IN THE AZ CODE BOOK, BUT LETS MAKE OUR OWN ORDINANCE SAYING THE SAY THING, LETS UTILIZE OUR POLICE FORCE, LAWYERS,CITY PERSONEL AND WHAT EVER ELSE WE CANDREAM UP AND WASTE SOME MONEY. THE CHIEF HAS NOTHING BETTER TO DO, THE LAWYERS HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO, CITY SURVEYORS HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO
    Really, the new situation isn't that bad and why are you making such a big deal about it? I thought you didn't care about sitting in the channel.
    Since you seem to have all this figured out, stop whinning about the changes and do something to fix it. All the: they this or they that is getting old. When was the last time you showed up for a Tuesday night meeting to express your concerns as a resident? Oops, you technically aren't one, but you could prepare a statement for Yvonne to read. I'm not trying to be difficult, but really Mig, stop bitching about it and take some action.

shaffewm
    It comes down to the voters in LHC....you can't run off your income base...so we will see.....

Kilrtoy
    Really, the new situation isn't that bad and why are you making such a big deal about it? I thought you didn't care about sitting in the channel.
    Since you seem to have all this figured out, stop whinning about the changes and do something to fix it. All the: they this or they that is getting old. When was the last time you showed up for a Tuesday night meeting to express your concerns as a resident? Oops, you technically aren't one, but you could prepare a statement for Yvonne to read. I'm not trying to be difficult, but really Mig, stop bitching about it and take some action.
    You mean like the action you and everyone else did a month or so ago and then were shown the door and no one even listened to what was said or presented and then they overwhelmingly voted , YEAH THAT IS IT TODD.
    I love the channel, but the city has caused myself and alot of others to find other places to hang out....

phebus
    Kilr, just get a deckboat, or a pontoon, and you can dance anywhere you want :rollside:

Kilrtoy
    HEY TODD
    Since you are a LAW VIOLATOR, how was your contact with LHPD last week/or week before.
    Were you satisfied with the manner the LHPD dealt with you in....
    My point of view: it was pretty shitty in the manner and tone you were dealt with.

Todd969
    You mean like the action you and everyone else did a month or so ago and then were shown the door and no one even listened to what was said or presented and then they overwhelmingly voted , YEAH THAT IS IT TODD.
    I love the channel, but the city has caused myself and alot of others to find other places to hang out....
    With the current Mayor and a couple of others I see what you are saying, however all this complaining is doing no good. Honestly I don't have any problems with the sugessted ordinances. The channel should be a SAFE ZONE. Why do I need to see drunken idiots, boobs, fat chicks dancing on a passing boat? If that's the type of entertainment you or others need, take it to a cove or the sandbars. I'm no prude, but with that area being such a large public place there needs to be laws of this nature.
    You're always quick to stir the pot but slow as molasses to find a solution and make logical\useable suggestions.

Todd969
    HEY TODD
    Since you are a LAW VIOLATOR, how was your contact with LHPD last week/or week before.
    Were you satisfied with the manner the LHPD dealt with you in....
    My point of view: it was pretty shitty in the manner and tone you were dealt with.
    Actually he came by and said sorry. He recognized me, but being in the Rhino and not the Mule threw him off. And what I did was my own fault. I was not supposed to be in the park area with it. It could have been worse, like a ticket. Don't act all innocent either, I'm sure you are just a much an ass when in uniform. :rollside:

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast