Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Speed gain from bottom treatments?

ECeptor
    Have you gone through your boat and removed all but the necessities? It's amazing how much crap fills up in my cuddy over the course of a season. Every pound you can remove helps...

Irishtornado
    I should clarify. . . . .when I mentioned I "had a little ways to 100," I was exaggerating a wee bit. I am in the mid to upper 80s (although I've beaten a few boats who "claim" they're running in the 90s. . . . how does that happen??!) Anyway, I was just looking for a mile per hour or at most two. I figured for 60 bucks I don't have much to lose. I've tweaked about every other thing possible including blueprinting the prop and increasing air flow in the engine compartment. Thanks for the advice!
    Blueprinting your hull might get you the few mph your looking for in otherwords taking the hook out of the running surface that most manufacturers put in or your boat acquires from sitting on a lift or trailer. Take a straight edge and put it on the strakes of the hull and if you see light between one end and the other you've got hook this will cause a air pocket and slow your boat. I've heard anywhere from 3-10mph increase in speed depending on the hull.
    Hope this helps.

DeepVee
    Dump the 4-blade for a good 3-blade and you'll pick up a few more MPH, probably 2-4. In the 22' Donzi world a lot of guys run the Hydro Q-IV for it's handeling only. A few with higher X-Dimensions can get good speed numbers out of the Hydro but most run Mirage+ or Turbo propellers for speed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12