Thread: IS THIS REALLY A 1974 HULL?

Riptide01
    Found this on E-bay. But I find it hard to believe it is a 1974 hull. The wood dash is a dead give away. What do you guys think?
    Item # 1872249551

Big Boys Toy PE857
    If you read the ad it says that is a painted deck.

Riptide01
    Yeah, I read that. But the wood dash and overall style of the boat make me believe it is older.
    How many 74 hulls still had wood dash boards?
    I really dont care, just an observation..

DansBlown73Nordic
    That boat is Super Nice. The inside Looks Like HELL!!!! eek!

Man, what a mess that thing is. Big tach mounted on the deck. Barstools seats, somekinda astro turf, ugly steering wheel. 427? It's not a chevy, maybe a Pontiac? Siamesed ports on the it. Where'd he come up with 427? He also says it's a tri hull.
    I was trying to figure out how a boat with potential can get so screwed up? Then I saw the answer, clear as day, the guys from Oklahoma.
    And a car dealer to boot.
    Riptide, I think the year might be about right. On one of the pics of the transom, you can just make out what looks to be the hull ID #s. That didn't start until around 73 or so. Lots, well not lots, but some guys molds stopped just short of the dash, and they'd put in a wood dash. My guess is that the mold's a hold over from the 60s that someone was still using.
    [ November 10, 2002, 03:47 PM: Message edited by: old rigger ]

Riptide01
    Dam, Oldrigger you have good eyes.
    I didnt even notice that.
    I tried to e-mail them , but have not received a reply.
    You know how some old boats (race) never were registered. Then when they finally were the year it was done and not the actual date of manufacture was used. The guy that had my brothers boat swore up and down it was a 76 Sanger. But we knew it was a 72 because of the serial number and it was my Dads old race boat. But his title did have 76 on it. And yes it is a interesting boat.

wfodude
    You guys Have good eyes...It is indeed a poncho...the freeze plugs on the heads and oil filter pad are a dead give away..pontiac did make a 428 ...very rare eek!

JetBoatRich
    It is clean, these guys do not miss much!

They can't tell the diff. between Holley and Carter carbs either. That Grand Auto fuel line is classic "...not for the timid".....Indeed! wink