Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For Family of Skiff Driver KIlled Last Weekend.

Sked
    The Jersey Speed Skiff Class is soliciting donations to help out the family of Paul Sohn, the skiff racer who was killed during a race in Port Deposit, MD. last weekend. Paul was a great guy but he was not a wealthy man financially speaking. He and his family sacrificed a lot in order to participate in the sport they loved. He leaves behind a wife and three children all of whom participated with him and were regulars at all our races. His son and two daughters all took their turns racing in the boat with their dad and his wife drove the tow vehicle and handle logistics for their team. The nicest of people.
    Any contributions to help out our brother's family would ease the burden of Paul's untimely death and would be greatly appreciated. If you are inclined to make a donation, please click the link below. Thank You
    Make a donation to the Sohn Family (http://www.jerseyspeedskiffs.com/sohn_family_fund.htm)
    All donations go to a non profit, tax free bank account set up exclusively for Paul's Family.

CircleJerk
    So sad to hear this, and I viewed all your Skiff site had to inform me of the details of #57 boat crash? I just cant imagine how hard this is on everyone out East. Then add the Poker Run tragedy and one really has to stop and know how good we really have it but that all can change in an instant. Prayers go out from here and a contribution to a good guy racer's family

CircleJerk
    Forgot to challenge all us West Coast boataholics to contribute even if you are a jErK! A small contribution can have a real effect on their lives as well as your own! Challenge ON!

Sked I will pin this for awhile.
    My condolences to his family. RIP Paul.

pgf127rt
    My thoughts and prayers are with the family, donation sent.

colechillin
    Donation sent! My heart goes out to the family.

Dkahnjob
    My condolences to the family, this is really sad.
    Donation Sent.
    David Kahn
    formerly Cracker box P-77 Animal Cracker

CircleJerk
    Just finished the PayPal deal and even a jErK figured it out! Just had a call from a famous East Coast racer who filled me in on that race site. What a loss and tragedy, the only thing us distant mortals can do is help the family with some bills and pray that God, in his infinite wisdom and Grace will provide the rest!
    Afterall, We are a big boating family, thanks to sites like this. Try Jersey Speed Skiffs for more info on this terrible life changing event. And, thanks Sked (Dave) and others unknown to me for providing this opportunity to help.

kipperps28
    We had a race at Spanaway and raised over $1000.00 for the family on Sunday. It's great to see everyone pull together.

Sked
    Sked I will pin this for awhile.
    My condolences to his family. RIP Paul.
    Mike,
    Thanks for the much needed additional exposer.
    To all contributors,
    Thank You! Some of the names I recognize from this message board and I'm sure there are others whose names I don't recognize. God bless you all, your generosity is greatly appreciated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast