Thread: 71.8 And Loaded

james
    thought I would finaly post the GPS from Labor Day weekend. Ran a 71.8 on GPS with let's see one Dad at 210lbs, one wife at 114lbs, one dog at 50lbs, one driver at 230lbs and a full tank of AV 29 gallons. I think for every gallon of gas is 6lbs. Also had the Bimini top up and a pump with a 1/8 clearence between empeller and wear ring. I think 71.8 is pretty good, and the cool thing about it is Dan (Squirtcha?) saw the whole thing I.E. verified the GPS. I gotta thank Phil Bergeron for building me an awsome motor and Dan Haase for the finishing touches.

Scoobinator
    You should of kicked everybody out of the boat and did another pass you probably would gain atleast 5 mph

james
    no kidding I had planned to do so however one beer lead to another and it just didn't happen. Cant wait to rebuild the pump and ride solo. that should be fun.

You should of kicked everybody out of the boat and did another pass you probably would gain atleast 5 mph
    That was my prediction. Might've even been better than a 5 mph gain. James also forgot to add in a full (big ass'd cooler). He had to be packing an additional 600 lbs of weight.
    Incidentally james...............If you've sent any emails since we got back, I didn't get em. Just made the switch to cable and I haven't gotten everything setup just yet. Give me a call when you get the chance?
    Man I should've done this years ago. Cable is unbelievably fast when compared to a 50K dial up connection.

Scoobinator
    Once you go cable you'll never go back to 50K

Once you go cable you'll never go back to 50K
    Amen to that brother. It's almost instantaneous. Click on a post (even with a ton of big ass'd pictures) and it opens in a second (sometimes less). Way cool!

james
    Dan your still alive good to see your back. Let me know how everything turns out with the new cable set up. I think Chay'le and I are going to do the same. We have DSL now and its just not working for us. Can't wait to pull the motor this winter and refresh the pump think I should get close to 80. Yeah I will give you a call on Sunday Chay'le has to work so I'll be trying to find some things to do