Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you complain do you get better service?

Mandelon
    We were supposed to start a mold remediation project at a dentist's office today. Start time was 3:30 on a Friday afternoon, and then work over the weekend and nights so we don't interrupt the patients....The office manager called the our project super to talk about the job.
    She tells him to be there at 3:00 sharp. He says he can't get there that early, but can be there by 3:30. Ok, she says.
    She immediately calls the property manager, ( who hired us) to complain about the rude and unreasonable contractor.....
    Anyway I bet you can guess where we won't be at 3:30 today.... :idea:
    If they are going to be that difficult before we even start, imagine how they will be after the mess and noise is going on..... The property manager said he wished he could pass on the job too..

Sleek-Jet
    Anybody that starts in on me automatically gets pushed to the next day... "sorry, all our crews are busy today, probably won't be able to make it out till tomorrow afternoon..."
    Now, if someone is nice and pleasent... yeah, I'll do a little extra to help them out.
    I tire of dealing with rude people...

DILLIGAF
    We just got a call from a customer that blew us off a year ago. They owed us money and could not understand a maintenance contract is like an insurance policy but the one they had did not cover adds. moves or changes. Well, actually it was mutual as they were total assholes with all of their accusations. We bent over backwards for them without even having any contractual obligations prior to them insisting that we provide them with a maintenance contract. So now they need service and want us to do the job. Bought their additional components off of the internet to save a couple of dollars and berated us for our remote maintenance charges before the work was even done. We have no obligations to them in the least and they want to berate my employees? Not going to happen and they can go jump off a cliff. I just sent them a copy of the last email between us so there is no mis-communication this time.
    Yes, I handled it professionally and did not stoop to their level of name calling, etc. I have to admit, it felt awfully good to tell them "Thanks but no thanks".

JB in so cal
    I think you can complain about a meal to your wait staff without worrying Go ahead and send it back; good stuff.

Her454
    I think you can complain about a meal to your wait staff without worrying Go ahead and send it back; good stuff.
    If ya dont mind spit in your food. :rollside:

OCMerrill
    We are in a simular line of work. Not so much mold but restoration none the same. I am a certified remediator but shy away from the work as the issues abound. We do total property maint. and repair on the HOA / Property Management Level. What you describe happens all the time. My property managers know me and can sense the untrue situations but in some cases I have to write a response to the complaint. Some people just suck.
    Trying to put an entire downstairs of a condo back together in one day is just not possible. This was the last complaint.
    I will grin and bear it 99% of the time to keep the managers happy but there are times....
    We were supposed to start a mold remediation project at a dentist's office today. Start time was 3:30 on a Friday afternoon, and then work over the weekend and nights so we don't interrupt the patients....The office manager called the our project super to talk about the job.
    She tells him to be there at 3:00 sharp. He says he can't get there that early, but can be there by 3:30. Ok, she says.
    She immediately calls the property manager, ( who hired us) to complain about the rude and unreasonable contractor.....
    If they are going to be that difficult before we even start, imagine how they will be after the mess and noise is going on..... The property manager said he wished he could pass on the job too..

ratso
    As of 330 today we walked off of a 2 million dollar reno.....you wanna whine....FU.....
    ...and immediately started drinking???

centerhill condor
    it was happy hour!
    I do the sales/service and pick my clients. I've had some clients quit me for whatever reason...corporate contracts, too expensive, etc.. and I part well enough to get the business back at about 10-20% more money. my clients call me "easy money"...kinda like that!

Ziggy
    whiners bite......

TCN
    Do your customers get better service if they complain?????????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast