Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: stoker 224 vs schiada 21 rt

HavasuBarney
    We have gone past cops at 130+ in Parker and they don't say a thing. We know most of the police officers in Parker and they leave us alone. They know that we are safe, they know that our equipment is top knotch, and they know that we don't run the boats any faster than what is safe. They have bigger problems with all of the idiots on the water than the adrenaline junkies who run fast when safe. Have not been hastled in the past 3 years.
    Are you trying to say your shit runs 130?
    Nevermind, I think I saw a picture of your boat in the stoker thread in Hot Boats. Is that your red boat with some yellow accents and the 2.4?

riverbound
    Yes, I did say ANY Stoker owner can step right up and back riverbound and his boat.

I have never said my boat was fast. its fast enough for what I use it for. If I was going to build a "fast" boat. it would have a car motor. I know the limitations of my motor and especially now with parts that are dificult to find, I have made the decision to keep the motor on the safe side and not run it on "kill".
    My point this whole time has been that the mods you suggested and the increases you said I would see do not match up. I would see (at most) a 5mph increase under perfect coondtions. for the cost ($2k).In my mind to go from 85-90mph. just doesnt mean muc to me seeing how most of my time is spent at 55-60 with frineds on board.
    I will be happy to run a Schiada RT with similar power though, as I know the boat weighs much more and will not perform like my slow, homely Stoker
    but comapring a liberator and a stoker is apples to Oranges. 2 completely different boats and in our case 2 completely different motors. I would even venture out on a limb and say the merc you are running has more power and your boat weighs much less than my "tuna" boat.
    but hey, what do I know. I dont work on my own sh!t, I pay some one with much more experience to do it for me.

larslindroth
    1981 Schiada 20 SS with an outboard rigged by Al Stoker. Great all around solid boat that runs in the 80's with a couple of friends and plenty of fuel on board. Don't have to worry about fuel prices or expense of running an exotic v-drive installation with tripple the horsepower to hit six figures. I think it's easy to agree on that the Stokers and the Schiadas are as good as it gets in this size of a boat Custom segment. There's plenty of brand loyalty 'cause the two brands are exceptional in todays market. Dealing with both Al Stoker and Lee Spindler I will say that they are both very humble and helpful guys and we owe to them not to get to carried away being brand fanatical.
    P.S. I'd rather be blown away by a 95 mph Bayliner while I'm boating all day, than waisting the time of my life having a pissing contest on my laptop. D.S.

Tom Brown
    P.S. I'd rather be blown away by a 95 mph Bayliner while I'm boating all day, than waisting the time of my life having a pissing contest on my laptop. D.S.
    pffftt... green horn. :yuk:

Welcome to the site, Lars.

Kim Hanson
    there's a suprize ,you not knowing what your looking at yet trying to put it down anyway. what do you get out of it besides big troll points? and what's up with that other post? you only drive thirty mph? so hows being a puppy pissing on the porch working out for yuh? you better stay away from the big scary stoker those are dangerous big dogs. 100mph. big deal. i beat more hundred mile an hour boats at 70 gps in a weekend then you've raced in your life. drunk.
    Fock do I wish I lived closer, I would come down and let you smell 2 stroke smoke............( . )( . ).............

Kim Hanson
    I have never said my boat was fast. its fast enough for what I use it for. If I was going to build a "fast" boat. it would have a car motor. I know the limitations of my motor and especially now with parts that are dificult to find, I have made the decision to keep the motor on the safe side and not run it on "kill".
    My point this whole time has been that the mods you suggested and the increases you said I would see do not match up. I would see (at most) a 5mph increase under perfect coondtions. for the cost ($2k).In my mind to go from 85-90mph. just doesnt mean muc to me seeing how most of my time is spent at 55-60 with frineds on board.
    I will be happy to run a Schiada RT with similar power though, as I know the boat weighs much more and will not perform like my slow, homely Stoker
    but comapring a liberator and a stoker is apples to Oranges. 2 completely different boats and in our case 2 completely different motors. I would even venture out on a limb and say the merc you are running has more power and your boat weighs much less than my "tuna" boat.
    but hey, what do I know. I dont work on my own sh!t, I pay some one with much more experience to do it for me.
    I really find it strange to see you talk shit when my HST has the same bottom as yours and with 340 HP, I can do over 100 easy! Are those boats pigs without a ton of power or what ?...........( . )( . )...........

larslindroth
    Thanks for the welcome Tom ! My mother was born a Karlsson and anything produced by a person with a name like that will be hard to beat. Art Carlson was definately ahead of his time when it came to boat design. I get a kick of the beauties on the Glastron site;
    http://www.classicglastron.com/gl-ca...index-web.html

Kim Hanson
    1981 Schiada 20 SS with an outboard rigged by Al Stoker. Great all around solid boat that runs in the 80's with a couple of friends and plenty of fuel on board. Don't have to worry about fuel prices or expense of running an exotic v-drive installation with tripple the horsepower to hit six figures. I think it's easy to agree on that the Stokers and the Schiadas are as good as it gets in this size of a boat Custom segment. There's plenty of brand loyalty 'cause the two brands are exceptional in todays market. Dealing with both Al Stoker and Lee Spindler I will say that they are both very humble and helpful guys and we owe to them not to get to carried away being brand fanatical.
    Newbies never understand.........( . )( . )...........Gayliners are , just that :cry: and maybe 95 klms.......... :idea: with the sails up, you know...the fat chick with her shorts held out for the sail effect

Tom Brown
    Thanks for the welcome Tom ! My mother was born a Karlsson and anything produced by a person with a name like that will be hard to beat. Art Carlson was definately ahead of his time when it came to boat design. I get a kick of the beauties on the Glastron site;
    http://www.classicglastron.com/gl-ca...index-web.html
    It's great to see a new face, Lars. Don't let these other fart smellers put you off, it's a pretty cool group.
    I've got a 1977 CVX-16 that my Dad and I restored. I really enjoy the boat and it was a ton of fun building it but, after reading this thread, I'm starting to think about dumping it and upgrading to a Stoker.
    Personally, I'm a bit of a brand wh0re. I like most of them... including some Bayliners... seriously. I have to say, I've got a ton of respect for the Schiada marque.
    Don't be thrown off by that Bayliner comment... I'll be sticking to my CVX-16 and Chrysler outboard for a while.

You Te
    It's great to see a new face, Lars. Don't let these other fart smellers put you off, it's a pretty cool group.
    I've got a 1977 CVX-16 that my Dad and I restored. I really enjoy the boat and it was a ton of fun building it
    Lars,
    Tom Brown is a crazy fuuck. He mounted a 300 horse 2.5 on the 16 foot CVX-16. He used a small pitch prop for quick acceleration, he said it was a good ride but over 100 MPH it started to act like a sidewinder.
    I wonder if he had to much power?