Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: boat comes out of water with an attitude.

Carnivalride
    When I stab it she will hit 6 grand and stay at 6000-6500 till I let off . I will try and post a video of it and you can let me know what you think I should do so I don't waste any time and money. Will post this afternoon.
    All you said in your first post was that it was a 502. What kind? Stock GM with hydraulic roller cam or?? If it's the stock GM one it may not have enough valve spring to really spin anymore. I personally wouldn't take it above 6000rpm if it's the stock deal.

stoker2001
    Jim,you might try 707 864 0332. Joe Shelfo,for a prop,he is in Napa.good luck

Bobbo541
    Hey Jim did you ever open the v-drive to see what gears are in it. The boat sure does look alot different from when i sold it to you . Good job.
    Bob

jimthetoolman
    Thanks bob.. Been having a lot of fun with it. Way different than driving a Jet.. This takes a little skill to drive.. Makes it interesting thats for sure.

DUCKY
    I would start with the plate adjustment. and then start trying other props. The plates may improve the pull, but I would venture to guess that that you are trying to blow the prop off the boat (cavitating) and when it tries to hook up you are going for a ride. I would go for a little more diameter, like a 11.25 or 11.5 x 15. I wouldn't mess with gears until the boat handles properly. Call me if you want to talk about a baseline plate setup...I don't want to type that much.

jimthetoolman
    Just got off the river with a 11 1/2 x 17. Didn't pull as hard but got more speed. Don't know how much more. put it didn't impress me. WIll be trying another one tomorrow hopefully. What was funny is that I pulled a little less rpm then the 10 3/4 x 15 prop. WTF?

Carnivalride
    Just got off the river with a 11 1/2 x 17. Didn't pull as hard but got more speed. Don't know how much more. put it didn't impress me. WIll be trying another one tomorrow hopefully. What was funny is that I pulled a little less rpm then the 10 3/4 x 15 prop. WTF?
    Like I asked in an earlier post what type of 502, stock? What cam? If it only pulled a little less rpm with that prop change maybe your engine doesn't make power any higher with the current configuration.

daddy b
    Sounds very fun, I am about to mount my bbc in my 68 Hondo, I'm very interested in your setup. Motor position, v drive position, prop position. I believe I have all the stock settings however I'm running @700 hp. I was thinking of moving the motor forward a little. I have a 11 1/4 x 15 that has been recommended for the boat. daddy b

bigheavyd2
    Facts About Props
    Rake
    Higher Lift
    More Rake, More Transom Lift
    More Bottom End
    Pitch
    Higher the Pitch, More Slip at Bottom End
    Hook at Top End
    Lower Pitch, More RPM
    Diameter
    Bigger Diameter, More Lift