Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wheel and/or Detail Guys

Magic34
    PM me your name and address. I'll send you something that should take care of it.

SOCALDETAIL1
    Just be carefull when coating them. Carwash guys like to spray acid or wheel cleaner on them and it eats that coating up.

DaveA
    Just be carefull when coating them. Carwash guys like to spray acid or wheel cleaner on them and it eats that coating up.
    Yea, I can't tell you how many Infiniti G35's and M45's I've seen that have been attacked with acid...."Hey, I can't get this black stain off these wheels...."

jbtrailerjim
    Before I'd go to the trouble and expense of chroming polished aluminum wheels, I'd have them polished professionally and then apply ZoopSeal resin coating to them. Lasts about a year on wheels that are washed regularly.
    Yep, try some Zoop Seal. My dad is good friends with Frank Zupan (Owner of Zoops Products). It's a great product. My dad and many of his street rod buddies use this on there polished aluminum wheels, engine componets..ect. They say it works great. Here is a link to there website Zoops (http://www.zoops.com/zoopseal.asp)

cc322
    Chrome the only way to go or have them polished and clear anodized.
    What he said.

Are they forged or cast? Your best bet would be to have them polished by a pro and then clear coat them. Weld wheels are known to crack and leak air(the cast ones) as well, hope you dont have that problem.

ratso
    Thanks everybody... I'll try some of these products and see what happens...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12