Thread: Fuel Pressure Regulator

MudPumper
    I run the Holley 4 Port fuel pressure reg pictured below. The directions say a return line must be run back to the fuel tank or overpressure will occure. My engine was set up without this line and has run this way for 3 years and has not had any problems, that I know of. Recently I have noticed the pressure will climb to 10 or 11 psi sometimes. My question is, is this hurting things the way it is setup and can I run a line from the reg back to my fuel/water seperator filter? It would be easier than trying to plumb it back into one of the fuel tanks.
    http://www.holley.com/data/products/...arge12-707.jpg

MudPumper
    Mud, just run your return line back to the feed line BEFORE your fuel pump. If your separater is in between tank and pump you can "T" it into either side of the separater ( I prefer the inlet side of separater) or you can "T" it into the inlet side of the pump. Been doin it this way for years as it's a lot easier than goin to a tank and worrying about over filling the tank.
    Rio
    Thanks Rio, I think I'll run it to the seperator. I have an extra inlet that is not being used and I can plumb it In pretty easily.