Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fired my bug man, Black Widow vs Scorpion

Outnumbered
    It is probably time for your guy to rotate out to a different chemical, you may be having a tolerance issue. Also, Delta Dust works well and can be blown into a lot of areas that it is hard to get to. it also has a good residual.
    That may be it. We are going on three years and it seems to be a recent problem. I believe he uses delta dust when we have ants in the block wall. Seems to work well.
    Thanks!

I've been using Diazinon and it seems to work well but I can't find it any more and am about out Used to buy at Home Depot from Spectracide. They must have banned it for comsumer sale or something.
    It's black widow season too right now (they seem to thrive in late summer). 2x4 and foot control works well too. I hate those bastards.

RitcheyRch
    I'm on the fence about hiring a bug man. Been getting a lot of ants and spiders lately. Wondering if my money would be better spent on getting the chemicals myself and spraying or having a pro do it.

topless
    I've been using Diazinon and it seems to work well but I can't find it any more and am about out Used to buy at Home Depot from Spectracide. They must have banned it for comsumer sale or something.
    It's black widow season too right now (they seem to thrive in late summer). 2x4 and foot control works well too. I hate those bastards.Diazinon works great but you're right, you can't buy it here anymore because of the tree huggers movement. When I had indoor dogs, I even used it on my carpet before I vacuumed to kill fleas. I think they still sell it in Texas so maybe Ratso could send ya some or next time I go, I can pick up a shit load. (that should go over well at the airport too)

I'm on the fence about hiring a bug man. Been getting a lot of ants and spiders lately. Wondering if my money would be better spent on getting the chemicals myself and spraying or having a pro do it.
    I had a bugman (terminex) but quit several years ago. Was paying $35 a mo for what I can do in about 20 min once a mo myself. They were doing nothing special, just spraying.

Diazinon works great but you're right, you can't buy it here anymore because of the tree huggers movement. When I had indoor dogs, I even used it on my carpet before I vacuumed to kill fleas. I think they still sell it in Texas so maybe Ratso couls send ya some or next time I go, I can pick up a shit load. (that should go over well at the airport too)
    I wonder if Country Farm Supply has it in Chino.
    I also use Durasban for fleas. I have some of that left. :crossx: Haven't seen it either in Home Depot for awhile. It is (or used to be) a primary ingrediant of most dog flea sprays sold in pet stores (at about 10 times the HD price).
    friggin tree huggers.
    I still have a pellet gun for the snakes though. They haven't outlawed that (yet).
    Headline: AP News... Female named Topless from Norco, CA apprehended at Houston Intl Airport attempting to board aircraft with 55 bottles of lethal insecticide suspected Al Quida sleeper cell member, in temporary custody at Guantonimo Bay holding facility.

RitcheyRch
    Thanks. Guess will stick to doing it myself with the stuff you can get at Lowes and Home Depot.
    I had a bugman (terminex) but quit several years ago. Was paying $35 a mo for what I can do in about 20 min once a mo myself. They were doing nothing special, just spraying.

Trailer Park Casanova
    I've been bitching about my bug guy lately too. He has been using Bayer Suspend which does not seem to last outdoors. He tells me he is upgrading to a "new" chemical this month. I pretty much decided to give him one last chance. We don't see any bugs, spiders, etc for about 2 weeks after he sprays and then its as if he was never here. So if this new shiznit does not last 30 days I am going to have to find a new guy or have someone come every two weeks.
    I've found one thing with any Bayer product, it usually doesn't work.
    Insectacides, fertilizers, herbacides,, all useless, even their asprin does nothing.

topless
    I wonder if Country Farm Supply has it in Chino.
    I also use Durasban for fleas. I have some of that left. :crossx: Haven't seen it either in Home Depot for awhile. It is (or used to be) a primary ingrediant of most dog flea sprays sold in pet stores (at about 10 times the HD price).
    friggin tree huggers.
    I still have a pellet gun for the snakes though. They haven't outlawed that (yet). My bad!!! LOL, it was Durasban for the fleas and Diazinon outside but it's been so long that I had forgotten. What do ya say we get our pellet guns together and shoot those damn tree huggers in the ass?

My bad!!! LOL, it was Durasban for the fleas and Diazinon outside but it's been so long that I had forgotten. What do ya say we get our pellet guns together and shoot those damn tree huggers in the ass?
    Or perhaps my Mossberg with some #6 duck Mags.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast