Thread: Trying to find this B-boat

Kurtis500
    Some of you might remember me talking about this boat. My dad had the 69 Aquacraft with a wood deck. Story goes (without upsetting any anal types) that he had Rudy Biesemeyer splash the bottom. Rudy made the deck with a splash gaurd in it and my dad cut-off the deck and put on the new Biesemeyer cap. (Mom about divorced him for it) You can see this in the two pictures on the bottom. (me driving, of-course) My dad sold the boat, in about 78-79, years later to a friend in Concord Ca. and he repainted it in the red/yellow you see there. That is the last time we saw the boat was in that color scheme. If any of you painters have scrubbed off this design and know where it is I would like to know. :rollside: My dad said it had a different style material on the bottom instead of just wood. It was a fiber type material...??
    Before
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...7aquacraft.JPG
    After
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/.../7finished.jpg

biesemeyer
    I think it's Rusty Biesemeyer. It would be really cool to find that boat.
    Good luck!

wsuwrhr
    Your mom almost DIVORCED your dad over him cutting the deck off?
    Talk about love for a boat.
    Brian
    Still making oil pans?
    Some of you might remember me talking about this boat. My dad had the 69 Aquacraft with a wood deck. Story goes (without upsetting any anal types) that he had Rudy Biesemeyer splash the bottom. Rudy made the deck with a splash gaurd in it and my dad cut-off the deck and put on the new Biesemeyer cap. (Mom about divorced him for it)

dmontzsta
    I can almost swear I JUST saw this boat on Magnolia in Corona, it was being pulled by a lowered black chevy 1500 with limo tinted windows. It looked JUST like this, with the raised cap, short plates, ski tow, except both seats (I think) faced forward, the headers were chrome, but the motor sat in there and looks damn near the same, it was driven off the flywheel, the gel coat even looks like it is new still.
    I was coming back to the office from lunch and looked over to see this, you dont see many B boats being towed around and this one was definately different than the rest.
    I am 80% sure this is the boat pictured here...
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/.../7finished.jpg
    damn, I wish I would have stopped the guy now that I see this post...chances are the boat is in Corona, cause he was heading towards the track homes off Magnolia and the 15, but who knows where he was going.

CircleJerk
    I just LOVE this guy! Hee heee, 'A' (not Canadian) boat!

Kurtis500
    I think it's Rusty Biesemeyer. It would be really cool to find that boat.
    Good luck!
    Oops, I knew better. I think the Rudy Ramos thread had it stuck in my mind.

Kurtis500
    Your mom almost DIVORCED your dad over him cutting the deck off?
    Talk about love for a boat.
    Brian
    Still making oil pans?
    Yeah, she loved the mohogany deck....said she cried for 2 days when she came home and saw the deck lying in the back yard.
    I haven't made them in a while. I do have Dave Sharp's that was going on his TAH. I think he is done racing (my guess) If so, its yours. I also believe it is a ballistic pan with a basalt liner. tricky, tricky stuff... I know I have the one that is built, but needs the final machining done. Either way, you get the next one that exits my facility.

Kurtis500
    Still on my most wanted list. Anybody seen this boat around? Or painted over these colors?

wsuwrhr
    Still on my most wanted list. Anybody seen this boat around? Or painted over these colors?
    I wish I could help out. I would think Billy would have a handle on a matter such as this.
    How about them oil pans? I am practically begging to run your parts.
    Brian