Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Rhino for sale???

Ivan Dan
    I got some of these 110" long ramps for my cart, and I haven;t needed to use them yet with the Rhino, but I will when the time comes. It makes the incline a lot less and feels better. It was scary as sh*t before to back down the ramps that are only 89" long at best.
    Here is the site. I would get at the very least 100" plus ramps.
    http://www.atvramps.com/folding_dual_ramps.htm
    I was wondering hoe guys were doing that. Seems like it would be super scary backing down on the shorter ramps. Did you go for the HD ones? The smaller ones seem like they are pretty close as far as weight. Stock Rhino weighs a little over a 1000 pounds right? With you guys adding stereo and cage work and it would put you over the 1200 lb limit of those smaller ramps.

riverbound
    I was wondering hoe guys were doing that. Seems like it would be super scary backing down on the shorter ramps. Did you go for the HD ones? The smaller ones seem like they are pretty close as far as weight. Stock Rhino weighs a little over a 1000 pounds right? With you guys adding stereo and cage work and it would put you over the 1200 lb limit of those smaller ramps.
    I use the shorter ones on my F-350 and it has a 6" lift. It was a little scarey the first time but I have done it so many times now It really doesnt bother me anymore. But I would definitely rocmmend buying the longer ones.

mbrown2
    Rhino are kind of like Beanie Babys during the early years.... They are holding their value are maybe catching a premium still since they are high on the hype cycle..
    Give it another year or two.....last year you had to go out of state to get one for retail, now you can stay in state and get one for retail or less. Next year, they will continue to flourish and people will tire and you will start to see more realistic prices on the used market; ie: people taking it in the shorts on their upgrades to sell just above new...
    Two years and you will start to see even more used for sell and prices will continue to drop...
    They are cool....and heck I don't even go to the desert, but would still like one.

riverbound
    Rhino are kind of like Beanie Babys during the early years.... They are holding their value are maybe catching a premium still since they are high on the hype cycle..
    Give it another year or two.....last year you had to go out of state to get one for retail, now you can stay in state and get one for retail or less. Next year, they will continue to flourish and people will tire and you will start to see more realistic prices on the used market; ie: people taking it in the shorts on their upgrades to sell just above new...
    Two years and you will start to see even more used for sell and prices will continue to drop...
    They are cool....and heck I don't even go to the desert, but would still like one.
    Pretty much ALL toys are like that.......even DCB's

Cole Trickle
    I was up at 5:30 ask knuckleheads......I told them I was waiting for your call and then we would head out. You never called
    That right there is funny!!!
    You were up at 5:30 or didn't go to bed yet? :crossx:
    We saw you heading towards the 55 on 17th when we were driving to get Jens truck in the morning.
    I had never seen such a big peice of machinery headed home for a nap so fast in my life!!!
    Sorry for not calling!!

riverbound
    That right there is funny!!!
    You were up at 5:30 or didn't go to bed yet? :crossx:
    We saw you heading towards the 55 on 17th when we were driving to get Jens truck in the morning.
    I had never seen such a big peice of machinery headed home for a nap so fast in my life!!!
    Sorry for not calling!!
    No...knuckleheads gave me a wake up cal at 5:30.....I went right back to bed I told them I would be leaving in a few hours. by the time I rallied all the troops and we cleaned the house I was ready for a little nap

Cole Trickle
    No...knuckleheads gave me a wake up cal at 5:30.....I went right back to bed I told them I would be leaving in a few hours. by the time I rallied all the troops and we cleaned the house I was ready for a little nap
    Naps are good!!

BADBLOWN572
    My truck bed holds the Rhino just fine. You need to leave the tailgate on the truck and it sits about 2/3 on the tailgate and 1/3 on the truck. Here is a picture of the ramp system that I use.
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1598RHINO2.JPG
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1598RHINO1.JPG

Cole Trickle
    My truck bed holds the Rhino just fine. You need to leave the tailgate on the truck and it sits about 2/3 on the tailgate and 1/3 on the truck. Here is a picture of the ramp system that I use.
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1598RHINO2.JPG
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1598RHINO1.JPG
    Something tells me that my 1500 Silverado wouldn't sit as flat as that with 1000lbs in the bed.
    Do you support you tailgate with chain incase the factory cables break?
    Do you still have it?

BADBLOWN572
    Something tells me that my 1500 Silverado wouldn't sit as flat as that with 1000lbs in the bed.
    Do you support you tailgate with chain incase the factory cables break?
    Do you still have it?
    I havent supported the gate yet and no problems so far. Probably would be a good idea to do that, but no one has ever accused me of being smart.
    Those pictures are with the thing backed in. I did it just to see if it would do it, but normally it goes in with the front against the rear window. The tires actually sit in the "V" between the tail gate and the truck bed. The gate has been dented from the weight, but still hasn't broken the cables.
    Yep. Still have it. Sitting in my garage right now. Havent used it since Thanksgiving at the river, but it is there.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast