Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Here's the numbers..

steelcomp
    Well, for anyone who's been following my project, I finally got a chance to get some hard numbers. Off the trailer Saturday the boat ran 10.02 at 104.3. I was really happy with that. I had no idea what light to leave on, so I picked 7, and had a RT of 2.05. Not so good. I was featerhing the throttle to try and keep from hopping too much at the start, and that was using valuable time. Yesterday for my first run I lowered the shoe 1/16th, and added .5* of wedge and this time, just hammered it off the line, leaving on a 9. The rev limiter did it's job, and it loaded and hooked up hard in about a second. One little hop and it was gone. It immediately picked up .3 sec, and ran a 9.70 at 105.52, and this time my RT was .883. Much better. Man, that was cool! I didn't get another run in until 4 hrs later, and the air got pretty bad...everyone's times were falling off. I left the set-up the same, and just focused on a better start. With the bad air, I ran a 9.91 @ 104.2. but this time with a RT of .28. Third run Sat was at 4:20, and I dropped the shoe another 1/16th. While the air was getting worse, I was able to run 9.93 @ 104.6. My start was pretty poor on that run with a RT of .53 and I was a little out of shape, costing me valuable time. That tells me the shoe change was in the right direction again, still being able to run the .93, and a little more mph.
    The boat performed flawlessly. I never touched the engine, just drove it. It made awsome power, the boat ran straight and true, and never did anything funny or unpredictable. The work finally paid off, and I got a lot of really nice compliments, for which I say thank you.
    Special thanks to Jack Mc'Clure's wife for handling the driving chores for me with the trailer. That was sooooo nice of you (my help flaked on me). Thanks to everyone else for their help, too. I met a few new faces this weekend, (MikeF and Spectra Brent) and it was good to see everybody again. What a great weekend!

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    I knew you would turn some good numbers scott You have been busting your ass for quite some time. So how much shoe did you end up with? How far from the keel are you now? Did you notice any nose dive upon shut down?

FuelInMyVeins82
    ya, congrats man. you comming back in oct??

Nucking futs
    Awesome #'s scott.

RCB19
    Nice work Steel! You have gotta be stoked so far.

UBFJ #454
    Added 0.5* wedge ... which way, up or down?

Gearhead
    Scott.... ALLRIGHT.... and the fun begins again!!! I hope someone got some pictures.... then you can see how the boat set yourself and correlate it to the feel and performance. Nice deal on the McClures helping you on the truck/trailer ramp duties. One of the very important, but almost thankless jobs.
    Gearhead

steelcomp
    Added 0.5* wedge ... which way, up or down?
    Hey Jak...went up another .5...the boat was running very flat.

steelcomp
    Scott.... ALLRIGHT.... and the fun begins again!!! I hope someone got some pictures.... then you can see how the boat set yourself and correlate it to the feel and performance. Nice deal on the McClures helping you on the truck/trailer ramp duties. One of the very important, but almost thankless jobs.
    Gearhead
    Yeah, Steven, the fun definately begins. I purchased the video from Redding, so I'm anxious to see it. I was in the far lane most of the day, but I did manage to get one run in the near lane, and some good eyes were there to watch. The boat is wet, and needs to come up some more. Maybe getting rid of the stainless side tanks and the 15 gals of gas I had will help???
    I'm going to try a little more backcut next time and I already have a 3 gal. fuel cell and pump to mount for the races. Tanks and gas are over 100 lbs...getting rid of that will be good for near 2 tenths. Getting my launch dialed is going to help a lot as well.
    I still can't get the smile off my face.
    You're right about the driving job, and Jacks wife was just way cool. She did an excellent job, and it was a pleasure. Good people, for sure.

steelcomp
    ya, congrats man. you comming back in oct??
    Thanks and Hell yeah!!
    Please come by and introduce yourself...if you were there, I don't remember meeting you. Sorry.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast