Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hugo Chavez speaks in NY, USA...WTF?

Outnumbered
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,214973,00.html
    How can we allow this kind of thing to even take place? Why should this POS have a forum in OUR country to spew his hate? Makes me sick the "tolerance" we have as a nation. We are about as pussified as can be. This is so wrong.

Outnumbered
    Chavez Repeats 'Devil' Comment at Harlem Event
    Thursday , September 21, 2006
    NEW YORK — Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez, appearing Thursday at a Harlem Church for an oil-for-poor event, repeated his 'devil' reference hurled a day earlier at President Bush during a speech at the United Nations.
    "They told me that I should be careful after I called him the devil — and I think he is the devil — because he might kill me" Chavez told a crowd packed into the Mount Olivet Baptist Church in Harlem.
    "But, I place myself in the hands of God," he said.
    Chavez, who was introduced at the podium by activist-actor Danny Glover, was visiting the church as part of ceremonies to announce the sale of discounted home heating oil to qualified low-income families.
    The appearance came a day after Chavez delivered an insult-riddled speech at the U.N. General Assembly in which he called President Bush the 'devil.'
    As Chavez spoke in Harlem, U.S. Rep. Charles Rangel railed against the Venezuelan leader for choosing his New York congressional district to launch an attack on the president of the United States.
    "You don't come into my country, you don't come into my congressional district and criticize my president, " Rangel said from Capitol Hill.
    He added that "it would be crazy to think that Americans do not feel offended" by Chavez's remarks.
    New York Governor George Pataki called for a united front by Americans from all political parties to stand together against Chavez.
    "This person has no right coming to our country to criticize our president," Pataki said in a phone interview on FOX News.
    "He can take his cheap oil and do something for the poor people of Venezuela."
    In Harlem, the crowd chanted in Spanish, "Chavez, Chavez, the people are with you," as he walked into the church dressed in his signature red shirt.
    Chavez called Bush a "sick man" who was "very dangerous because he has so much power."
    He again waved a copy of the book, "Hegemony or Survival: America's Quest for Global Dominance," written by American leftist writer Noam Chomsky, and at one point left his long, rambling talk to read passages aloud.
    On several occasions, he tried to make the point that he was a good friend of Americans, and that the Bush administration was painting him as the enemy.
    "I pray that the American people will elect a president we can negotiate with," Chavez said, claiming that he loved the American people, but that it was difficult for him to visit the U.S. because he was "threatened."
    The Venezuelan strongman spoke of his alliance with Cuba, a country he said had "been choked" by the U.S., and of his close friendship with Cuban dictator Fidel Castro. Chavez said their cooperation had improved the lives of Cubans and Venezuelans alike.
    The event, one of a series designed to boost the Venezuelan leader's popularity in the U.S., was organized by Citgo, a Houston-based energy company that is owned and controlled by the Venezuelan government.
    Citgo, in partnership with Citizens Energy, a program run by former U.S. Rep. Joe Kennedy II, sells and distributes discounted home heating oil to low-income families.
    Venezuelan officials and Citgo employees handed out T-shirts before the event with the name of the program — "From The Venezuelan Heart To The U.S. Hearths" — printed across the front.
    Chavez claimed the Citgo program would benefit over 450,000 American families over the winter months, and that it was made possible because the program cuts out the "greedy capitalist element."
    "That's another thing we're doing with this Bolivarian Revolution," he said referring to the name he has given his economic platform. "We're transferring the power to the people."

Outnumbered
    BTW, boycott CITGO. Fock those POS mutha fockas
    Just in case you didn't notice....I'm pissed

Kilrtoy
    MOTHER FOCKER IS LUCKY IM NOT THE THE PRESIDENT,
    He would have never made it out of the building,
    CIA would have shown what the DIABLO really looks like

Kilrtoy
    Speak of the Devil
    http://picasaweb.google.com/rooterse...77714569986066
    http://picasaweb.google.com/rooterse...77908172046354
    Like I said, send in the CIA
    Hell, I will sign up

asch
    Hey, ya got my vote.

deltaAce
    How come the normal Americans don't protest this kind of stuff? Because normal American's don't protest in the streets. We have to send a message against this mentality. I for one don't vote for any demoncrates!

Kilrtoy
    BECAUSE, normal citizens ARE LAW ABIDING
    and dont waste city, county, state, federal monies on BULLSHIT.
    They are people like us who complain , but dont get stupid in public and destroy shit and make the news

Old Texan
    The liberal media had more outrage when Pat Robertson suggested we assasinate ol' Hugo!
    Please go easy on Jimmy Carter, Hugo reminds him a lot of his dear departed brother Billy. Goofy smile, big old square head, not too bright....plus Jimmy ain't got no friends.
    Hugo should be prosecuted under UN ethics for the revolt he led in his country but the f-in' UN is filled with 3rd world dictatorships.
    "The US needs to get out of the UN and the UN needs to get out of the US!"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast