Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Volant intake system

sigepmock
    [QUOTE=BowTie Rick]You used it on a supercharged application, that is the difference. You created more pressure drop to pull air through it. On a naturally aspirated, I still say exposed will do better. QUOTE]
    I run a K&N on my DMax now so I can't knock them too bad....
    The gain we saw on the S/C, I think had more to do with the fact that the Whipple intake pulled cooler air from outside the engine bay at higher RPM's and the K&N set-up had a tendency to pull the warmer air from the engine bay. IAT were lower with the Whipple set-up.
    Bottom line I'll sell the whole set-up for $100...even help him put it on if he's local.....can you beat that Rick :yuk:
    Oh yeah ......nevermind
    Chris

02HoWaRd26
    I just like the filters in bowtie ricks avatar i would like a better look at the quality of them :rollside:

BowTie Rick
    Chris,
    Sent another reminder to Dino today and plan on doing so everyday this week, e-mail plus phone call :crossx: I'll bug him until he gets it done.

sigepmock
    Chris,
    Sent another reminder to Dino today and plan on doing so everyday this week, e-mail plus phone call :crossx: I'll bug him until he gets it done.
    Thanks Rick, let me know about that Storage situation you needed. I'm not gonna volunteer to build anymore (I've been behind a desk too long, just ask RVRToy what a piece of junk we made him) but I'll help you out on design and material.
    Chris

I have a volant on my truck, 01 toyota tacoma v6, it's not a power monster to begin with. It came with an air box , filter , and tube and thats it. No instructions , I guess a missing gasket and completely wrong mounting hardware . I ended up having to micky ficky some of the excisting hardware.I got alot out of it, alot of cussin , alot of head scratchin, yelling , throwing of tools , install and removal process was repeated countless times and after it was all said and done I even think I lost a bunch of power(what little I had to begin with)Oh yeah and on top of being alot slower its a whole sh*t load louder. I got a smokin deal on it. I really think had I spent double and gotten the k &n or something closely resembling OEM I would have much happier. That happened to me anyway. you might have better luck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12