Thread: Berkeley 12JC bowl needed.

72sidewinder
    My friend with a mid 70's sidewinder lost the lower pin for his steering nozzle last Sunday. He didn't realize it was missing until he throttled it and broke the bowl housing where the upper pin goes. I put a place diverter on mine this summer, so I sent him my old steering nozzle and hardware. He needs a bowl to get his boat back together. He just wants to get back on the water for the next few weekends of this season. He eventually wants a split bown and a droop snoot. He is in Alabama and runs on the tennesee river. I guess it's difficult to steer once the nozzle is missing. :messedup: Contrary to what I imagined, the boat wouldn't even go straight on it's own. He ended up getting a six mile tow back to his launch site. They were pulled for a little ways, then he realized he could run the sidewinder and provide power and the lead boat only had to tug enough to steer. The good samaritan said it was the easiest tow he had ever done.
    Thanks
    Scott

twowheeledfish
    I think this happens more often than we realize. I already sold my jc bowl to a gentleman this summer that was in the same unfortunate situation and busted his bowl due to a missing nozzle pin. I upgraded to an american turbine split with the cash. Good luck on your hunt. I'll keep my eyes open.
    D

HotRod Sprint
    I got one powder coated black. The rear bushing housing is about gone, but $50.00 bucks and shipping and you can have it.
    Rod

Jim Brock
    i have one,Jim 818-890-1867

watergun4u
    i have a bowl, or a complete pump,from intake to reverse bucket hole pump 350 dallors its 12jc, or i will trade the hole pump for a droopsnoot and diverter for a 12jg, any takers contact me at boatdawgo@aol.com thanks,