Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Machine Intake for Shoe and Rideplate

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    All I have to say is that gary is a good guy. He comes on here and answers q's and spreads racing info. THats just wrong to flame the man for throwing up a price. Thats not spamming in my book. I think he is not affraid to throw out the prices of his work. By the way, I see this mans boat every year at the races and can tell you that he is sharp. I have never met gary but I read alot of his posts and see his stuff at thre races. Lay off the guy.......
    On a different note, the one that will pertain to the THREAD TOPIC!!!! I did a rideplate and shoe that I bought from flatbroke and it was night and day. Sure Im still playing with hardware but alot of things were effected and they were all good! Im running a 2* backcut shoe and you can feel it lift the ass of the boat.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    How much can I expect to pay to have the intake machined for a shoe and ride plate.Do I have to ship My intake to some one like MPD To have it done ,or can any machine shop do it?...Thank's....Hal
    Sorry for all the drama in here bud :yuk: When I was in the market, I just spent a few hours on the phone with different guys. You will get similar information but each person has thier "own" way of setting them up. Take some time and call around. You will be suprised about how much you learn!
    call Tom @ tom papp
    duane @ htp
    Gary Snow
    tom @ jetperformance
    jack @ mpd
    g&s marine
    just to name a few. You will notice that the price will be around $300-450 range but well worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Wow, guy comes here for answers, gets two and then people start slamming. Guys come here to get answers, and what do 99.9 percent of the threads turn into, A BITCH AND SLAMMING FEST. I see now why all of the old school guys dont even come around anymore. :argue: :argue: :argue: :argue: :argue:I have no problem saying that when i get my intake done this winter(shoe and ride plate) that i will be sending it to MPD, why you ask cause i see his work year in and year out whooping ass at the races. Must be doing something right.........................
    AMEN

lilrick
    ....and it's not even winter yet!

sdba069
    Thanks 396.......... And just FYI........ I've been doing this for a living for 25 years. Hell, I've been at this location for 18 years. Well, actually, I built a new shop 8 years ago and moved 1 mile. I think that would come close to putting me somewhere near the "old school" category. That doesn't ,on the other hand, mean that I'm stuck there. I have a lot of respect for some of the west coast guys and have probably learned a little, here and there, from them. That's all.

Nucking futs
    I have a intake,shoe ride plat ready to go....250

Greaser
    I have a intake,shoe ride plat ready to go....250
    Be careful.....you dont wanna be acused of spamming on here...... :crossx:
    I dont think what Garry was doing was actually considered spamming. I see it as giving him an idea as to how much $$$ he would be looking at.
    The way I see it, atleast Garry is brave enough to give a parts and labor price on an open forum, especially this one. How many other times have you seen other pump guru's do that? Seems like most the time all you see them doing is sending them in PM's. I guess they dont wanna be ridiculed over thier price.
    And for the record, Yes, I did get Garry to install a shoe and ride plate on my boat. Money well spent. :rollside:

sdba069
    Appreciate that, Bert !!!!!!!!!!! Looking forward to next weekend !!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123