Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Evinrude V8

riverbound
    Yeah, I'm 99.9% sure it's a 2 stroke...but that's all the info about it that I've been able to find. I want to know If the motor is worth dealing with, I mean I don't see anyone else running them, and even worse I can't find any pics of people owning them either. :220v:
    I have one with almost 300 trouble free hours.
    http://***boat.com/forums/attachment...id=18287&stc=1

Towndrunk
    I dont know much about them. but Al stoker knows a thing or two about them.
    johns Custom marine
    714-827-7920
    great I just said the words Stoker and Al. Now Td and UT are gonna be all over this thread like fags on dropped soap
    I got your dropped soap huckleberry! Contrary sp? to what I post on here I don't hate Stokers. Some are even pleasing to the eyes. Well the girls are. I just prefer the pickle fork tunnel . Now if only someone will give me a 19' pickle fork to go with the 2.5 merc I have hanging in the garage! Hmmmmm, wonder what the odds are?? I better check to see if I won the powerball last night because if I did I'm ordering a 21 ft Eliminater with a huge ass car motor with an arneson drive. I'll let you know how this turns out. Hugs-n-kisses.

Kim Hanson
    All jokes aside about the circus tent sized cowling... I had my buddy post the initial thread cause I didn't have an account yet. I'm looking at buying a 1985 Eliminator Pickle Fork with a Evinrude 300 V8 hanging from the transom. I haven't been able to find anything online about them other than technical manuals... no reviews, and no feedback from people who have them. I know the hull is popular, but I can't find any pics of any other Eliminator pickle forks with the same motor on them, is this a rare boat or no? I guess I just want to know if the boat is worth buying with it's current setup. Cause if the motor is not worth the trouble than I'll find something else to buy. I already know the hull is what I want, I just want input about the motor. Any input from you guy's about it would be a great help, cause I'm totally lost....
    I have a 275 Rude and it was pushing 340HP @ the prop, bad news they break easy when you fock with them. I would say if it was stock and you do the normal maintenance on it it should be okay Have ya got a picture of that boat though ?....This is my engine.......( . )( . )..........
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...72HPIM0460.jpg
    boat it sits on :crossx:
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...72img_2361.jpg

Kim Hanson
    I have one with almost 300 trouble free hours.
    http://***boat.com/forums/attachment...id=18287&stc=1
    You drive slow though........( . )( . )..........

WyldWsl
    The hull needs some buffing and the entire boat needs some TLC, but it's in good shape for the most part. I'm going to use it's dirt to drive down the current owner's extremely high and unreasonable price tag of $15,000 down significantly. What do you guy's think I should offer this guy with the boat/motor combo in it's current condition??
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...natormotor.jpg
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...Eliminator.jpg

full throttle
    Buy it! I had a big Eliminator Daytona w/3 Johnson GT-300's 5-6 years ago, and currently have a 30' v-hull with a pair of Rudes on it, and like them.

jimslade
    Had one, had it bluprinted to 375 HP. seized motor, replaced block with 4.0 litre, blew spark plug hole out. blew up second, seized. Ran great when it did. replaced by a lame 225 johnston under waranty after five years of trouble. Sold boat. I would stay away from it, there are much better engines out there. Sucks gas huge for the power.

WyldWsl
    I figured that it was a gas hog, but what puts out 300hp that isn't? Unless it's a nuclear aircraft carrier, then I plan on being able to pass everything but a gas dock anyway. I'm just worried about the price, $15,000 for this boat with an outboard that needs some work done to it when I can get an immaculate jet boat with the same hull and a big block blower motor for $18,000. If money weren't a problem then I'd buy both, but that isn't happening. If I bought it, I'd probably sell the V8 and replace it with a lighter and more popular 2.5 merc. I think this guy wants too much for it, but I don't know what a boat like that would be worth with an outboard.....this is where you guys give me some ideas about offering him how much $$. I know I can find jet boats all day long (not Eliminator pickle forks) that run good, but need cosmetic work for around $5-$7,000, which is right in my price range.

riverbound
    If the motor is stock and you leave it that way, you will be very happy with it. once you start messing with it, is when you will start havingproblems and parts are more dificult to find for them now.
    Mine has a set of the second effort heads, and that is it.

WyldWsl
    That would be a problem, the guy told me that he had it sent out to a guy in Texas that went nuts on it. According to it's current owner; "It has over 400hp will do 120mph with ease.".....I have no idea about the truth of that statement for the record. It does need a new output shaft cause he hit something with the stainless prop, an easy fix according to him. (is it?) But I really don't want to pay that much for a boat that is already broken and I'll immediately have to go on a scavenger hunt to find parts...not my idea of a wise investment. I'd rather spend it on the jet boat I mentioned above, at least I will know something about the car motor in it and jet drive's are one of the most simple things on earth.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast