Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Evinrude V8

Kim Hanson
    It's an 1985 3.6Litre. Not really worried about the boat or the motor anymore, I just called the guy and he's firm on his $15,000 price tag......hence, I'll find something else, better and cheaper at the same time........I know for sure that the next one I'm interested will NOT have an Evinrude V8 on the jackplate. Thanks to everyone for their .02 cents!! The search continues, i'll be looking around I'd rather have something that looks fast, sounds fast and is reliable, than something that looks fast, sounds fast, and has me working on it more than enjoying it... :220v:
    :cry: :cry: ...........( . )( . )............

Avenger 1975
    Hey WyldWsl, I drive by that boat almost every day on Rt. 4, I never realized it was for sale. Always catches my eye, now I'll stop tomorrow and take a closer look. If I talk to the guy I'll use my most convincing voice and tell him its worth no more than 10 or 11 grand max.
    I've never driven one but I've always thought the huge V8's looked great.

WyldWsl
    Hey WyldWsl, I drive by that boat almost every day on Rt. 4, I never realized it was for sale. Always catches my eye, now I'll stop tomorrow and take a closer look. If I talk to the guy I'll use my most convincing voice and tell him its worth no more than 10 or 11 grand max.
    I've never driven one but I've always thought the huge V8's looked great.
    Best of luck to you! It isn't technically for sale, he broke it and it's just sitting out by the road, but I thought I'd ask about it anyway.....cause in my world, everything is for sale for the right price. At first I talked to one of the guy's that worked inside. They said he's changed his mind about selling it a million and a half times. They last they knew, he was selling it for $15,000 and the motor needed an output shaft. I got the guy's # but I wanted to find out more about the motor first before I dropped a chunk of change like that. This was about a week ago. I just called him yesterday to try and talk him down if I could, but before I could he told me that he's waiting on parts and is probably going to keep it now....I see he changed his mind again....The search continues for a boat..... Didn't know many people in NH were into this kind of stuff, but I guess my broke college friends aren't the target market for a 100mph boat.... :rollside:

Avenger 1975
    I didn't mean I was going to buy it, I just thought I'd soften him up for you! Funny thing is that boat looks like a showpiece, at least from the road, I can't imagine leaving it uncovered like that all the time, makes me wonder what kind of care he takes of it. Maybe I'll talk him into a test ride once he gets it fixed (if he gets it fixed?), would be worth paying for a tank of gas.
    I live in Concord. I'm not exactly a high powered hot boat guy, I'm running a jet boat that's in rough shape and have an old inboard Correct Craft, but I love to be on the water and skiing.

WyldWsl
    It looks like a real gem from the road, but it's defintiley anything but that once you get close to it. I used to refer to these cars/boats as "50's"...they look real good from 50 feet, going 50 mph. I guess the guy is going to fix it, but judging by the last time that it was registered was 2002, I'm seriously thinking he isn't in a hurry....not in a hurry to put a cover on it either, some people just don't take care of their things and then expect them to hold value. Oh well, it's his to rot away and depreciate..not mine. :crossx:

Tom Brown
    I'm seriously thinking he isn't in a hurry....not in a hurry to put a cover on it either, some people just don't take care of their things and then expect them to hold value.
    Maybe he's still scared by one of those effortless 120 mph passes and doesn't have the guts to run it again.

WyldWsl
    Maybe he's still scared by one of those effortless 120 mph passes and doesn't have the guts to run it again.
    Haha!...If that's the case, then he should sell it to someone who isn't....
    :crossx: ME :crossx:

Towndrunk
    I'd bet money that boats never seen 120 on the water. Maybe behind a truck.

Tom Brown
    I'd bet money that boats never seen 120 on the water. Maybe behind a truck.
    Oh come on, TD. I'll bet that thing could do around 100 mph with a 3L - 300X. The 300X is only 6 cylinders. The V8 has 33% more cylinders so it will be 33% faster again.... that puts it around 133 mph.
    Don't hate because you've only got 6 cylinders. :yuk:

I am not a girl
    lmao
    Don't believe anything this chick tells you. She's a real piece a work.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast