Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: flex plate

jetboat
    help! any body know were a 1/4'' spacer can be purchased?its going on a 460 bbf.trans, shops have no clue!that seams blanken weird.other than make one,help.need it before plowmans.

Brazos River Rat
    What Steve needs is a spacer to go between the crank and the flex plate .
    He had a reverse mounted starter , the bell houseing is metal with a aluminum mounting adapter for the starter. very old style .The starter will not engage the flywheel deep enough. It keeps eating the teeth off the starter .

Brazos River Rat
    Here are a couple of pics

Dominator Scott
    Here are a couple of pics
    Ouch!!! That sure left a mark. :220v:

Bobbo541
    Try Lenco Racing Trans. 1-800-854-2944 they are in Lemon Grove, Ca.

Devilman
    What Steve needs is a spacer to go between the crank and the flex plate .
    He had a reverse mounted starter , the bell houseing is metal with a aluminum mounting adapter for the starter. very old style .The starter will not engage the flywheel deep enough. It keeps eating the teeth off the starter .
    You mean that thin metal plate deal, goes between the block & the bellhousing?

IMPATIENT 1
    steve, get some 1/4 plate steel and use your flywheel as a template.lay the flywheel onto the plate and trace out the flywheel bolts and crank hole,center punch them and drill out the holes while flywheel is clamped to the plate, ya know what i mean? should have brought it up to me bud, my uncle has a lathe and i can make pretty spacers with it.

Brazos River Rat
    You mean that thin metal plate deal, goes between the block & the bellhousing?
    He has the plate there , this is a shim to go between crank and flexplate .

jetboat
    steve, get some 1/4 plate steel and use your flywheel as a template.lay the flywheel onto the plate and trace out the flywheel bolts and crank hole,center punch them and drill out the holes while flywheel is clamped to the plate, ya know what i mean? should have brought it up to me bud, my uncle has a lathe and i can make pretty spacers with it.
    tom,congrats on the nwe boat,if i knew you made these things,in the future ill just ask you.it seams i have the only boat with parts only made for 4/5 years,very rare stuff!isnt that sxxx houdy!kenney,didnt yours come with a top mount starter?

Devilman
    tom,congrats on the nwe boat,if i knew you made these things,in the future ill just ask you.it seams i have the only boat with parts only made for 4/5 years,very rare stuff!isnt that sxxx houdy!kenney,didnt yours come with a top mount starter?
    Nah, mine is a regular bottom mount starter. Its all Hardin Marine stuff, if I remember correctly. Looks nothing like that deal you have.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast