Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Amazes me how...

AirtimeLavey
    some people will let their single biggest investment (their house) go to crap....
    I see it all the time as a realtor, but still never get over it. It's just throwing money out the window.
    Also, landlords who don't watch their tenants, and don't see their investments getting trashed. I looked at a $700k + property this week that was getting thrashed by the tenants and their monster dog in the backyard. :hammerhea

riverroyal
    bought 4 NEW homes in 10 years,we looked at used,they are always trashed!We sold our last house in 8 hours,its was turn key,only way to sell these days

ratso
    It isn't just houses. I've seen a big difference the way people treat their boats too. One guy that works for me bought a new speedboat, we rigged it up... thing was immaculate. He pulls it up on the rocks, ties up to the dock or houseboat without any bumpers etc etc. Now less than 6 months later, it is a scratched up pile of shit with a blown motor because of stupidity...

AirtimeLavey
    You can make money, and get a lot more house for the money buying used, but once you get it, freak'in take care of it. :yuk:
    I bought a fixer, and have done very well. Previous owners would have a heart-attack to see it now. It's NOTHING like when I got it.

AirtimeLavey
    It isn't just houses. I've seen a big difference the way people treat their boats too. One guy that works for me bought a new speedboat, we rigged it up... thing was immaculate. He pulls it up on the rocks, ties up to the dock or houseboat without any bumpers etc etc. Now less than 6 months later, it is a scratched up pile of shit with a blown motor because of stupidity...
    I don't get it. My sister and her husband treat their cars like crap. I switched with them one weekend because they had company from out of town, and wanted to use my Tahoe. Their car was disgusting! First thing I did was take it and got it detailed. :yuk:

HocusPocus
    when we were out several years ago house shopping, we looked at a house that the owners had used one of the bedrooms as a dog kennel for 4 very large dogs. the walls from about the 4' level on down were just trashed and it still had the carpet down, the smell from that room was unreal. it was a very nice looking house from the outside but i don't know how you would ever get the smell out of that place. :crossx:

wsuwrhr
    Air Lavey is hopefully not talking about MY house, but rather the house we looked at this morning. haha.
    :argue: :argue:
    Man, location, location, location.
    If it weren't for where the house was parked, I wouldn't even give it a second look.
    Brian

wsuwrhr
    I bought a fixer, and have done very well. Previous owners would have a heart-attack to see it now. It's NOTHING like when I got it.
    So you RUINED yours too?
    Geeeeezzzzz man, take care of your shit.

Brian

wsuwrhr
    I don't get it. My sister and her husband treat their cars like crap. I switched with them one weekend because they had company from out of town, and wanted to use my Tahoe. Their car was disgusting! First thing I did was take it and got it detailed. :yuk:
    What condition did the Tahoe come back in?

76ANTHONY
    im no realtor, but we see it everyday, day in and day out, some people could care less about what they have or own....it sucks but it will never stop.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast