Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daytona VS Gullwing

Taylorman
    So what's the pro's and cons of a 19" Daytona style hull (Cheyenne, Daytona, Stealth) and a TX-19. These seem to be the most popular go fast hulls.

cyclone
    They Daytona and Cheyenne are real stable at high speed, run over chop easily but do not turn well.

Sanger Jet
    My Question is where can I find one minus engine???

Duane HTP
    I have one for sale. PM Me.

Placecraft Dragstar
    ????

pce680
    I have 2 Cheyenne's FOR SALE. PM me

olbiezer
    last saturday i saw a blown alcohol tx type pitch a guy at about 80mph then sunday a blown daytona did very stable 120+ run like he was on rails....... :rollside:

HammerDown
    They like a lot of power and not saying I have enough...but you can throw all ya want at it.
    My 21 below offers a ride second to none, and turns rather nicley.
    I'm hooked...I'll never own another type of hull.
    edit...now getting Insurance for this Hull is another story.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...83_Daytona.jpg

steelcomp
    So what's the pro's and cons of a 19" Daytona style hull (Cheyenne, Daytona, Stealth) and a TX-19. These seem to be the most popular go fast hulls. Really, the most popular go-fast hulls are the Daytona type, and the 18 CP Tunnel. Pro's and cons for racing...The gullwings are quick, and there are some real hard running 18's but they're on the very edge, near about 8.40-8.50 in the 120 mph range in the quarter. Daytonas are better, but you really need to know what you're doing running that speed/et with one of those, as well, or you can get in real trouble, real quick. They will run a lot faster, though, when done right. The CP tunnel has issues of it's own, but seems to be a very "speed friendly" platform, but if you've been to Ming lately, you can see the mods Jeff Bennet has come up with to solve the shut-down issues the CP has when going that fast. If I had my choice for a race boat, it'd be the CP tunnel. If you want unlimited performance, with unlimited power, the mod-v is probably the safest, although not necessarily the quickest hull...it has some air entrapment capability, but nothing like the CP or the pickleforks, and has far less a tendancy to blow over.
    Pro's and cons...for river...Daytona rides likie nothing else, has good performance with moderate power, but limited on interior space. Gullwing, both 18 & 19 are good performance boats, ride a little rougher, but have good interior space, especially the 19. They turn better than the pickleforks too.

Gearhead
    last saturday i saw a blown alcohol tx type pitch a guy at about 80mph then sunday a blown daytona did very stable 120+ run like he was on rails....... :rollside:
    Olbiezer... I would consider it correct to say that a blown alcohol motor is a bit too much power for a TX-19, but the boat you are referring to, Orange and checkerboard, did look like a TX-19, but is more of a hybrid constructed in Oklahoma. It has more of a Predator top and an Earl Smith tunnel bottom. The BA motor may have been a bit much for that hull too.
    And as Steelcomp relates, the Gullwings are quicker for the first 600 to 800 foot than a tunnel, ride and handle well on the lake and respond well to low horsepower. Depending on which of the tunnels you compare, they respond to different levels of power, definately ride smooth and run high speeds safer and are quicker on the high end of the track.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast