Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone going to Alum Creek in Oh ?

Wet Dream
    Ok, after doing some digging, I'm getting the impression that this is a super secret thing that doesn't want info put out due to the DNR, but nobody has had any problems in recent years. Here are a couple of links to check out with a date and location.
    Here is the address of the marina for you to Mapquest:
    4000 Hollenback Rd
    Lewis Center, OH
    Here is a link to a forum that has the most info that i could find about the event that really isn't an event because its a secret.
    Here's a link to the biggest thread I could find on the thing:
    Alum Creek Shootout (http://www.islandpirates.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=1225)

alum creek is oct 14
    brookville last blast is oct. 13
    i will be at both event provided the weather is good

River Rat 005
    If you guys are going to go, you'd better bring a jacket. The weather is suppose to turn Wed. Saturday high is 59* low 40*

Wet Dream
    Brrrrrrrrrrrrr

ITLLFLI
    I will be at ALum Creek on the 14th in my 22 footer with couple others from Cincinnati.
    Yes....it's usually a LOT COLDER....thats what makes this event fun! It only brings out the die hards...oh...and they run LEAN and MEAN!!:2purples:

Murray PE 857
    How far from the boat ramp do you travel before you start making passes? My boat won't go very far on 5 gal. of alcohol. About 1/2 mile. 1/4 mile pass and 1/4 mile back to the ramp. Is that too radical for what you guys are doing? Several guys in our area are talking about it but all are low freeboard jets and hydros.

ITLLFLI
    How far from the boat ramp do you travel before you start making passes? My boat won't go very far on 5 gal. of alcohol. About 1/2 mile. 1/4 mile pass and 1/4 mile back to the ramp. Is that too radical for what you guys are doing? Several guys in our area are talking about it but all are low freeboard jets and hydros.
    Based on years past the ramp is right where all the action is. Bring the hydros and jets!!!!!! We are going to try an get our 2 sanger jets and 1 sanger hydro ready for 2008!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12