Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I need some parental input....

Tremor Therapy
    So I'll give it the short version....17 yr old step-daughter and boyfriend go to pick up boyfriend's drug dealer buddy (step daughter says she didn't know), cops are watching, stop them, and since my step daughter won't rat out boyfriend and friend, she becomes a resident of the state of California for crystal-meth (btw, she tested clean for drugs). Car impounded, thousands of dollars spent on all the needless b.s. that goes with it, etc.
    Well fast forward 8 months to this morning, and my wife is acting all bent. I ask what the problem is, and she tells me it because I won't let the sh*tbag into my home. Her daughter loves him, is living with him, and she wants to get to know him better, and I am the one that is keeping him from becoming a part of our family. WTF? Now he has talked to my wife on a number of occassions, told her he was sorry, but never addressed me or our "family" and apologized for this serious lack of judgement.
    Now I may be from the John Wayne school of being a man, but I believe he needs to man-up and admit his serious lack of judgement! My wife keeps telling me that it is in the past, I need to let it go, and that I am causing a serious strain on our marriage! I was definately brought up with some strong principles, I am unwilling to compromise them, but my wife is hell bent, and I feel that this could lead to more serious issues in the future...am I wrong?

cdog
    You make your bed you lay in it. I assume you have other kids. Do you want this person around them? Don't let one bad apple spoil the bunch. In my opinion your doing the right thing. Stand your ground.

redneckgirl
    Hi TT...sorry for your troubles! But did I read that right she is 17 and living with her boyfriend?? Is she still in High School? I would hold your ground!!
    RNG

HocusPocus
    i agree with you, i wouldn't allow him to move in. does he have any counseling he has to attend, probation or random drug testing?

bruddah
    ya i agree, until this guy mans up and addresses you being the man of the house and shows you the respect that you deserve that he obviously hasnt shown, do what your doing! if your daughter really wants him over she would tell him that he needs to do this in order for it to work! just my .02

Cole Trickle
    So the kids buddy is a drug dealer?(Not your step daughters boyfriend)
    Do you have any feelings that her boyfriend was involved in selling drugs or does drugs himself?
    If you answer yes to any of the above questions I think your doing the right thing by being strong.
    If the answer is clearly no and this kid is being black balled just based on the friends he has/had you need to look at the big picture before you crucify him.(Does he have a good job,does he have good parents,is he going to school and most importantly does he treat her with respect...)

Cole Trickle
    i agree with you, i wouldn't allow him to move in. does he have any counseling he has to attend, probation or random drug testing?
    I didn't get the impression that he is trying to move in?
    I thought I read that she lives with him.
    I would never let a member of the opposite sex to move into my household....NEVER (If you old enough to play adult your old enough to pay your own bills)

BIGJOEDUCKSLAYER
    Kids these days don't know what man-up means, my son crashes my brothers corvette and almost totals it. I tell my son he will work to pay for vette to be fixed what ins. does not pay for, he says (my son)well kerry let me drive so he is also responsible. I tell son if he did not leave 300ft of black mark before he hit fence and 2 parked cars and if it was accident then maybe so, but turning off traction control and burning out is not accident! Sorry about rant, hold your ground and good luck. BIG JOE

She's living with him, but "wants to get to know him better"? I may have a vivid imagination, but I doubt there's a whole lot left to get to know.
    The wife is being a female, so just tell her how men settle these things and until he steps up and handles it like a man, he's welcome up to the curb and no closer. Sorry, not debatable.

river redy
    First being that your daughter is seventeen and he is an adult is wrong, but I am totally on your side, since I have a seventeen year old daughter also. Do you know if he is still dealing or does he make enough money to make your daughter happy? or just go over an meet with him "suprise visit" and see for yourself, wether you kick the livin sh#t out of him or you accept him!!!!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast