Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Keys....

bubbletop409
    Just ordered a chart kit from Amazon that covers just the trip from Miami to Key West, in detail, both directions, and both the Gulf and Hawk Channel routes. Will be doing some more research as wife needs to request vacation by the end of Jan.. LuckyStrike Thanks for the help, will keep you in mind if I have any further questions, HAPPY HOLIDAYS, Larry.

STV_Keith
    There is a Cut between the Gulf and the Ocean in Ley Largo that was Actually Cut through Solid Corral Rock about 20 some feet deep 60 feet wide.
    Killer :crossx:
    Ahh, the cross-key waterway. Just North of John Pennycamp Park. Cool put through (it's no-wake).
    You're right, it is nice scenery and boating climate down there. Grew up in FL all my life until I was 25. Parents had a place in Upper Matecumbe Key, then later in Largo.
    Parker reminds me A LOT of the Keys.
    We used to go out of Black Point over to Bimini a lot in the old days. Haven't been there in a coon's age.

LuckyStrike
    Ahh, the cross-key waterway. Just North of John Pennycamp Park. Cool put through (it's no-wake).
    You're right, it is nice scenery and boating climate down there. Grew up in FL all my life until I was 25. Parents had a place in Upper Matecumbe Key, then later in Largo.
    Parker reminds me A LOT of the Keys.
    We used to go out of Black Point over to Bimini a lot in the old days. Haven't been there in a coon's age.
    I think its the John Adams Cut if my memory is right.
    Keith Where did u grow up ? South Fla???
    Do your parents still have a place??

STV_Keith
    Grew up in Miami, Kendall to be exact. We were always going down there. My parents have moved North (Pt St Lucie) and no longer have a place in the Keys. I'm trying like hell to get them to move this direction.

LuckyStrike
    Grew up in Miami, Kendall to be exact. We were always going down there. My parents have moved North (Pt St Lucie) and no longer have a place in the Keys. I'm trying like hell to get them to move this direction.
    Ive got a couple of close friends that grew up in Cuttler Ridge. I think thats next to Kendall???

STV_Keith
    Yup, next little suburb South. Do you know if any of them might have gone to Killian HS?

LuckyStrike
    Yup, next little suburb South. Do you know if any of them might have gone to Killian HS?
    Merry Xmas Keith
    Some of them are going be here @ my place in PHX for New Years. Ill find out and let you know.
    You know how it is "Its a Small World" They might know someone you know or Visa Versa.
    Have a Good New Year Looking forward to Seeing ya again on the water next year.
    AJ

STV_Keith
    Sounds good AJ. Got lots to do to the Scarab this winter though. Ordering my A/C for the cabin tomorrow. Going to do a complete wiring re-rig of the boat. Gotta add a stereo, new upholstery, etc.

LuckyStrike
    Sounds good AJ. Got lots to do to the Scarab this winter though. Ordering my A/C for the cabin tomorrow. Going to do a complete wiring re-rig of the boat. Gotta add a stereo, new upholstery, etc.
    What Kind of AC are you putting in?? Ive got one in my new Concept that Im not Impressed with. I know there is a Great 12 volt system out now that is an actual AC unit, not a Fancy Evaporative cooler like mine.
    Ive got the info somewhere Ill see if I can dig it up.
    AJ

STV_Keith
    Mermaid Air system. 6500btu unit. http://www.mmair.com/marine_division...ir_conditioner
    It's an AC unit though, not DC.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast