Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: corpus christi

blowngas
    i work in the a refinery so im actually may consider moving if i could get a job there in a refinery
    if you are looking for employment in a refinery, petrochemical, you should look for the job first-----there are refinerys and petrochemical plants all along the texas gulf coast-----houston probably has the greatest job potential, but has the greatest traffic problems----there are lakes of various descriptions located all over the state-----anywhere from a short drive to several hours drive away-----it's whatever preference you have for water-----most are a murky type untill you get up to central texas where the lakes have rock bottoms and the water is clear-----but no refinerys!!!-----one thing about texas, if ya don't like what's nearby, there's always something else not too far down the road!!!--------best of luck, and good hunting

THEPISTONHEAD
    Im stationed in C.C. going on 2 years now. Its a nice coastal place that is finaly coming around to excepting growth. I live on the ever booming south side and houses are reasonably priced but going up fast. You would probably be looking to live on the island. N. Padre Island to be exact. Very nice homes.....but the taxes here are unreal. I was going to by out on the island but your home does get weathered really fast due to the heavy content of salty air and humidity. The wind never stops blowing here though so that help with the temps. Its the second windiest city in the U.S.. Expect to pay around $160 - $300K for an nice clean average or slightly above average home on the island. Definatley lots of jobs in refineries here. You heard about the lakes already. I bought a nice piece of land up in Canyon Lake just north of San Antonio. Its alot nicer up there in the Hill Country but no refinery's their. Let me know if you need any brochures or anything else. Oh, and like they said, if you like the outdoors (fishing and hunting) youll love it. The best fishing Ive ever seen. I will let you know how the duck hunting is in November.
    Jason

thanks piston head.

MWJSOne
    I was in Rockport 2 years ago some of the areas there reminded me of
    Gary Indiana with nicer weather.Most of that is in the middle of change one good strong wind will change the way it looks.Big diff if you can put up with the winter Texans,I like the area could use a few good Chicago style pizzia places.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12