Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 600 HP 6000 RPM HP Marine Diesel Package

Grinnin'B
    Just Curious... How Many Hot Boaters would be interested in a Diesel or Bio Diesel package for your boats?????
    Yes I am part of a team that is considering offering this to the Marine Community.
    Grinnin.

Mandelon
    If you can one get to run off "recycled" beer....that'd be good.

Grinnin'B
    If you can one get to run off "recycled" beer....that'd be good.
    I was thinkin' drain the que into the tank!!!!! LMAO

u4ea32
    Its HP and weight that matters.
    Plenty of 600 HP diesels that weigh 3000 lbs.
    I am actively getting quotes to pull the twin 454 Magnum EFIs out and replace with Diesel.
    I am also exploring changing to a single with the not-yet-announced Weismann "blackhawk that won't break" drive.
    If I was to pull the trigger today: twin 190 HP Volvo Pentas. I'll still be able to top out at 50, and cruise all day at 35 to 40 getting about 3 miles per gallon instead of 1. A big reason for the MPG improvement is the engines are so much lighter, it will get about 1200 lbs out of the aft end of the boat, which will mean less tabs needed, which saves a LOT of fuel at these lower speeds.
    Sure, I won't be able to go 70 anymore, but I hardly ever do anyway. But I'll only spend $100 instead of $300 on a weekend. That I'll notice.
    If I wait until Christmas or so, then the new Yanmar BY260 will be available. That's the BMW diesel that is widely recognized as the best diesel in Europe. At 4000 I should see nearly 60, and can cruise all day at 3300 at 50 mph burning 20 gph, 2.5 mpg.
    Still, probably will go Volvo Penta -- easier to service, small, light, simple.
    In either case, after a put 1000 or 2000 hours on the engines, there will still be a LOT of life, and therefore a LOT of value left.

KreatinKaos
    Hmm ... how would it compare to a 600 hp seatek diesel ?

Boatlesss
    I am also exploring changing to a single with the not-yet-announced Weismann "blackhawk that won't break" drive.
    How much $$ will this cost?

Tom Brown
    I'd be interested in a 600 hp diesel outboard if you could bring the whole assembly in under 400 lbs.
    You got brochures and shit?

Trash
    I'd be interested IF there was more diesel availability on the lakes, specifically the Colorado River chain (Powell to Parker).

Jordy
    6,000 rpm??? :idea:

Grinnin'B
    U4ea32- Check your PM I would love to chat about your search.
    For all, I realize the challenges with diesel packages. However here is a litle more info.
    Weight will be around 900lbs for the GM platform and 1000lbs for the Cummins
    our team has alot of depth in performance diesel applications. There will be options for single and twin turbo, Propane injection, and proprietary intake and exhaust systems that significantly decrease the odor and particulate discharge.
    Jordy....whats up Team Turnkey.....I havent been around since the explosion and ultimate birth of the team turnkey way of life...however i assume all is well. I havent seen the TT Foundation yet....however am looking forward to the Rigatta in 07. I know the 6000 rpm is more than a little suspicious...and I promise i will back it up. the Engineers are pulling(pun intended) for the Tractor pull experience in the Team.
    The goal is to produce a 32V with a twin Bio Diesel set up that will run over 100.
    I realize the challenges with fuel on the lake however with a 30-40% increase in efficiency fuel on the water becomes less of an issue. Less yes and still an issue.
    We are creating something very differnt that Sea-Tek's amazing powerplants. as mentioned earlier weight is the issue. The Sea-Tek 650 is just under 2000 lbs. adn wont fit most US sport boat applications. Ours will.
    Hmmmm 600hp Diesel Outboard. Drinking over the keyboard again???
    Keep firing this is great fodder for tommorow s conferance call.
    Grinnin

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast