Thread: Where not to drive the cruiser on the Parker strip

Kurtis500
    I'm planning my yearly trip to Parker this month. Now that I got the 21ft v-drive cruiser I would like to know what areas of the strip are too shallow for a cruiser. I know Parker is fairly shallow, and the last thing I want to do is hit something. I stay at the Bluewater and usually go as far as the Sundance and then back. I've never hit anything in my other 2 boats there, but maybe I just got lucky.

63stevens
    I have a 72 lavey craft 23 foot v drive there is no problem goin from blue water to parker dam, do it all the time. there is one section that is too shallow but dont worry it is marked off with bouys so you can go around it.

Done Flippin
    Kurtis500:
    I'm planning my yearly trip to Parker this month. Now that I got the 21ft v-drive cruiser I would like to know what areas of the strip are too shallow for a cruiser. I know Parker is fairly shallow, and the last thing I want to do is hit something. I stay at the Bluewater and usually go as far as the Sundance and then back. I've never hit anything in my other 2 boats there, but maybe I just got lucky. Belive it or not I have never hit any shallow water on the river. But I think its not a good idea to take the turn wide going up river fron a place called Roadruner to a camp ground on your right called Red Rock, I could be wrong but it always looks a little low. A few other spots up by the dam are low at times also, I always keep my trained eyes alert and watch my surroundings.
    Hope this helps.

hboldno7
    Done Flippin:
    Kurtis500:
    I'm planning my yearly trip to Parker this month. Now that I got the 21ft v-drive cruiser I would like to know what areas of the strip are too shallow for a cruiser. I know Parker is fairly shallow, and the last thing I want to do is hit something. I stay at the Bluewater and usually go as far as the Sundance and then back. I've never hit anything in my other 2 boats there, but maybe I just got lucky. Belive it or not I have never hit any shallow water on the river. But I think its not a good idea to take the turn wide going up river fron a place called Roadruner to a camp ground on your right called Red Rock, I could be wrong but it always looks a little low. A few other spots up by the dam are low at times also, I always keep my trained eyes alert and watch my surroundings.
    Hope this helps. you are correct, there is a shallow gravel bar right there but it is real easy to spot if you are paying any attention at all... The cables cross the river right there as well so that should be a good marker also.