Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Hand Held GPS?

Trailer Park Casanova
    Sons birthday is Friday and I'd like to get him a new GPS for Glamis, and crossing the channel.
    Pocket/backpackable/handheld is what we'd like.
    The Garmin camo was the BFD for a spell, is it still?
    Any recomendations?
    Any price range is fine, where the best deal on the best unit?
    Thanks for your help.

Todd969
    I just got the Garmin E-trex Legend CX and have found it to be a pretty awsome toy. It mounts on the rhino dash and has more features than I could ever need. It was under $300.00. Do some research and find what works for your purpose.

cnj
    I just got the Garmin E-trex Legend CX and have found it to be a pretty awsome toy. It mounts on the rhino dash and has more features than I could ever need. It was under $300.00. Do some research and find what works for your purpose.
    Do you hav pics of your mount? I would like to put my ETREX in the Rhino as well.

GUGS102
    Sons birthday is Friday and I'd like to get him a new GPS for Glamis, and crossing the channel.
    Pocket/backpackable/handheld is what we'd like.
    The Garmin camo was the BFD for a spell, is it still?
    Any recomendations?
    Any price range is fine, where the best deal on the best unit?
    Thanks for your help.
    I have the garmin 60C. Color readout, batteries last quite a while, has computer interface etc. I got it from someone here on the boards that has a store in Il??? Can't remember.
    Also got the handlebar mount for the bike, pretty slick.
    Good Luck!

beaverretriever
    Garmin E-trex here as well. The only thing I have ever used it for is MPH. I really couldnt tell you if anything else about it is any good...LOL

DMOORE
    I just purchased the Lowrance ,Finder H2O, from West Marine. It has a color screen with chart plotter. Up-gradeable chip with world wide charting and it is waterproof to 10ft. It is one of the best handhelds I've seen so far. Color screen is fantastic, and when upgraded, has unbelievable detail for North America. Can do searches for Hospitals ,fuel stations ect. Best part is it is only $ 300. I looked at a bunch before buying, it's worth a look.
    Darrell.

Tom Brown
    I bought a game boy deluxe. Color model. Garage sale... $30.
    I couldn't be happier with it.

Trailer Park Casanova
    I bought a game boy deluxe. Color model. Garage sale... $30.
    I couldn't be happier with it.
    We have a junk drawer full of them.
    PSP is Da kine now.
    -----------
    Anyone have the RINO GPS?

sorry dog
    I tried both Etrex and took them back because of crappy reception. A good tree cover might block'em out.
    I got a Magellan instead and the reception is much better (picks up in a plane), but it is a larger more bulky unit. They've since made'em a little smaller but still kinda bulky.
    BTW - Brown, your a nerd.

Jbb
    I tried both Etrex and took them back because of crappy reception. A good tree cover might block'em out.
    I got a Magellan instead and the reception is much better (picks up in a plane), but it is a larger more bulky unit. They've since made'em a little smaller but still kinda bulky.
    BTW - Brown, your a nerd.
    Your sister uses the term...."larger,more bulky unit"...oftentimes..when she speaks of me.......
    Sup cuz ...Killin season is upon us!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast