Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: need opinion

Advantage Adam
    I am a current magic deckboat owner and I am looking at getting a newer 28' deck w/ bigger power. I want to get the mercury 700 sci. I wanted to get opinions and feedback on the setup and if anyone has any first hand experience w/ the motor.
    I understand that there are motors that cost less and have more power w/ the same reliability. I am just doing some homework on this particular motor for now.
    Any feedback would be greatly appreciated...
    AP

Phat Matt
    What are you planning on spending for that set up?

Advantage Adam
    i haven't nailed down a final price yet.

LESSON LEARNED
    Adam,
    Buy my boat for 125k and Dave will turn it into a deck for you for 6k....
    It will get you were u need to go.....
    Hows life in Havi?
    Andy...

Advantage Adam
    Adam,
    Buy my boat for 125k and Dave will turn it into a deck for you for 6k....
    It will get you were u need to go.....
    Hows life in Havi?
    Andy...
    Life in Havi is good. You may have yourself a deal on that Andy! I will think about it and get back to ya!

DMOORE
    I would do some price comparisons. Check into what a Teague 800 will run. Might give you more power for less.
    Darrell.

shippingguy
    I would do some research. I was going to run the new 700 in my new boat, but went with the Teague 800. The Merc 700 was like $2000-3000 more. The NXT Drive is bad ass, but from what I have seen and heard the 700 is not much different than the 600. It has a taller intercooler. I have also heard from a reputable builder that was rigging one say they are a pain in the ass to rig.

LESSON LEARNED
    Life in Havi is good. You may have yourself a deal on that Andy! I will think about it and get back to ya!
    Let me know brother, I might even drop a few K off of that for you if you are interested. Have a good one......
    Andy....

Advantage Adam
    I would do some research. I was going to run the new 700 in my new boat, but went with the Teague 800. The Merc 700 was like $2000-3000 more. The NXT Drive is bad ass, but from what I have seen and heard the 700 is not much different than the 600. It has a taller intercooler. I have also heard from a reputable builder that was rigging one say they are a pain in the ass to rig.
    thanks for the input..
    A

shippingguy
    Anytime. That is what we are here for. Good luck and keep us posted on your decision. Either direction you go you can't really go wrong. Both make a great product and you are going to hear good and bad about both. In the end you have to go with your own gut. I would get a spec sheet on both motors and compare what they have in them. I think you will see Teague has alot higher quality parts in his motor. In my opinion I think the ultimate setup between the two would be the Teague 800 with the new Merc NXT Drive hanging off the transom, but that is not available.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast