Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: need opinion

LESSON LEARNED
    Remember mine has a TCM900.....HAHAHa just throughing that out there for you.....

Keith E. Sayre
    if you're thinking about doing another Magic, check with them to see if they've measured it up with the new outdrive to see if it will fit properly under the rear swimstep. We don't think that it'll fit under ours without
    modifying the swimstep which could get expensive. Since
    the Magic swimstep is pretty close to ours in height, you
    may get lucky , maybe not but I'd hate to see you sell
    what you have now only to find out that it may not work?
    Wish I had better news but until we get one, we're guessing that the answer is probably no on our boat.
    Keith Sayre
    Conquest Boats

Phat Matt
    i haven't nailed down a final price yet.
    I guess I should have asked what you are budgeting or would like to spend. I got two turn key motors (850 HP) with XR drives for probably less than one of those new Merc 700 set ups would be. If you haven't checked out the E-ticket you should stop by their place in Havi next time.

Advantage Adam
    Anytime. That is what we are here for. Good luck and keep us posted on your decision. Either direction you go you can't really go wrong. Both make a great product and you are going to hear good and bad about both. In the end you have to go with your own gut. I would get a spec sheet on both motors and compare what they have in them. I think you will see Teague has alot higher quality parts in his motor. In my opinion I think the ultimate setup between the two would be the Teague 800 with the new Merc NXT Drive hanging off the transom, but that is not available.
    that is exactly what I was thinking.

Advantage Adam
    I guess I should have asked what you are budgeting or would like to spend. I got two turn key motors (850 HP) with XR drives for probably less than one of those new Merc 700 set ups would be. If you haven't checked out the E-ticket you should stop by their place in Havi next time.
    Matt,
    How fast does your boat run with 850HP?

Advantage Adam
    Remember mine has a TCM900.....HAHAHa just throughing that out there for you.....
    Thanks for the reminder. What boat are you going to get once you sell the DCB?

DMOORE
    ADVANTAGE ADAM,
    Have you looked into the IMCO 1000 drive setup? It may be more comperable to the NXT drive . I do not know the pricing, but the Teague 800 with this drive may be a real alternative for you. Merc has great products, but there are better values out there.
    Darrell.

Advantage Adam
    ADVANTAGE ADAM,
    Have you looked into the IMCO 1000 drive setup? It may be more comperable to the NXT drive . I do not know the pricing, but the Teague 800 with this drive may be a real alternative for you. Merc has great products, but there are better values out there.
    Darrell.
    Thanks Darrell. I will check that out!

LESSON LEARNED
    Thanks for the reminder. What boat are you going to get once you sell the DCB?
    Nothing in the works yet.....Have been looking at some Sunseekers down in Newport......750k willput me in what I like for now.....I have to sell the DCB for gas money.....

Phat Matt
    Matt,
    How fast does your boat run with 850HP?
    I hit low 80's last weekend. Chop is fun and rough water hasn't been an issues. It's a totally smooth ride. I look forward to the rough stuff.
    Loaded up with 8 people, full tanks and gear during the summer it will run in the low 70's. These are realistic numbers. I might like to go faster sometimes, but I am sure it's fast enough for my passengers with their faces flapping in the wind.
    Driving around the docks or pulling in between boats is a piece of cake with the twins also. Plus the 496's take 87 octane all day long and should run for years with regular oil changes instead of tear downs and rebuilds.
    Of course, these are just my opinions.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast