Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A tool kit must have....

Jbb
    LOL...I was over in one of the Cobra forums and ran across this ...... If you have ever spent any time at all with British cars,or Lucas electrical systems...you will understand....
    smoke... (http://www3.telus.net/bc_triumph_registry/smoke.htm)

OLDRAT
    The Lucas lighting systems on most brittish cars had two settings: dim and off
    OR

There's nothing like the "lost smoke" method of electrical diagnosis. Glad to see someone come up with a "replacement" kit.
    BTW, after 35+ years of owning a 56 Austin Healey, I can proudly say it still has all its original "smoke".

Kachina26
    i guess i'm too young, i don't get it :cry:
    Electricity runs through wires in the form of smoke. You can see this when a wire shorts and the smoke comes out. This kit allows you to put new smoke back in the wires.
    I had a TR4, I'm convinced that the brits couldn't even wire a flashlight correctly.

spectras only
    I'm not surprised to find this info coming from my hood . Bunch of limeys blowing some smoke :rollside:
    BTW , I always used new wiring harnesses from after marketeers on my british bikes . Never a problem with the Lucas [ princ of darkness ] equipment. Working on Jaguar cars is another story :2purples: :rollside:
    original equipment on this one , minus the wiring harness
    http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/bike3%20copy.jpg

Jbb
    Electricity runs through wires in the form of smoke. You can see this when a wire shorts and the smoke comes out. This kit allows you to put new smoke back in the wires.
    I had a TR4, I'm convinced that the brits couldn't even wire a flashlight correctly.

Tom Brown
    I had an MGB for a couple of summers. As I recall, the ladies I'd take for rides loved it when the car would stop for no reason, I'd pull over to the side of the road, test a bunch of stuff, then, after finding nothing wrong, try the key and the car would fire right up. We'd carry on as though it never happened. They loved that shit!

centerhill condor
    Now That Is Rich!

cola
    I just bought a Triumph bike last week. I had better get some of that smoke. I think it's a little low.

sorry dog
    I put a new radio in my Dad's Morgan Plus8 once.
    They are not shitting...there was smoke under there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast