Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: New Eliminator 22 Daytona

stoker22405
    Yes I Know the 224 vey well I put 200 hrs on a 93 and sold it in 96 it only had a 300 V8 Ob on it so it did not go past 92mph . As far as high speed I would much rather have the deep tunnels under me, I know when I ran any of my larger Daytonas they take a set at a certain speed and just GO. I'm sure this will be very similar, I am looking forward to felling the speed in a smaller boat again,you lose it in a bigger boat. Plus you have to drive it not just smash everything in your path.
    The 1993 Stoker was a 22ft not a 224.The 224 was retooled in 2000.I had a 2001 22ft Eliminator daytona I/O.Put about 300 hours on it.I now have a 2005 Stoker 224 with I/O power.In my opinion the Stoker 224 handles the rough water alot better then my Eliminator 22ft daytona did.HP to HP the Stoker 224 is definatly faster then my Daytona was.
    I realize your new Daytona may be a better overall boat from my previouse daytona.
    I do know my 2005 Stoker 224 I/O rides better then my cousins 1992 Stoker 22 O/B
    Of course lets not forget I/O to O/B is a big defference in weight wich will definatly change the ride quality.

Baja Big Dog
    Ive got a buddy with a newer 224, (05 or 06). His neighbor has a Daytona. I have been in the Stoker quite a few times, what a ride, great speed and it was excellent in the rough water. His neighbor claimed the ride was better in the Stoker, ride excluded, I think the quality of the Stoker was above the Daytona.
    Dont know the price difference though.
    Ive noticed the lack of used Stokers for sale, maybe in line with the number of new ones sold???

Bullhead Bully
    I know Al retooled the deck to fit the IO the bottom is still unchanged . They are both great boats and for those who don't know the hulls come out of Eliminator for both. My brother has an 87 20 Stoker that is almost done getting its new power a 300xs, should also be very fun . He knows we are having some fun when my twin is done. Its all good as long as your spinning the hr. meter.

BADBLOWN572
    I know Al retooled the deck to fit the IO the bottom is still unchanged . They are both great boats and for those who don't know the hulls come out of Eliminator for both. My brother has an 87 20 Stoker that is almost done getting its new power a 300xs, should also be very fun . He knows we are having some fun when my twin is done. Its all good as long as your spinning the hr. meter.
    The bottom itself is un changed, but it feels like a completely different boat. The 224 definitely feels much bigger than the 22 and with the extra weight to it, I believe that it handles better. I have driven both and both are awesome boats, but I like the feeling of a 224 better.
    Agreed that both boats come from Eliminator and I know that Al Stoker has the utmost respect for Bob Leach.
    I would be very careful if I was your brother. There is a reason why Al will not put a 300 on a 20' boat. It is too much for that small of a boat. He put a single 300 on a 22 and it exceeded anyone's expectations of what it would do. It is going to be scarry driving or riding in that boat. Please be careful!!!

Bullhead Bully
    The bottom itself is un changed, but it feels like a completely different boat. The 224 definitely feels much bigger than the 22 and with the extra weight to it, I believe that it handles better. I have driven both and both are awesome boats, but I like the feeling of a 224 better.
    Agreed that both boats come from Eliminator and I know that Al Stoker has the utmost respect for Bob Leach.
    I would be very careful if I was your brother. There is a reason why Al will not put a 300 on a 20' boat. It is too much for that small of a boat. He put a single 300 on a 22 and it exceeded anyone's expectations of what it would do. It is going to be scarry driving or riding in that boat. Please be careful!!! Always careful thanks for your concern, after almost 40 years of boating and 20 in a tunnel you get a feel .I'm sure you know what I'm talking about , you should ride in the 22 Daytona in some rotten water it is something you will remember and appreciate.

BADBLOWN572
    Always careful thanks for your concern, after almost 40 years of boating and 20 in a tunnel you get a feel .I'm sure you know what I'm talking about , you should ride in the 22 Daytona in some rotten water it is something you will remember and appreciate.
    I definitely will if ever given the opportunity.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112