Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Hondo jet hydro

djdtpr
    Eddie:
    First things first...try SPELLCHECK or Hooked On Phonics or something.....PLEASE!
    Secondly, are you one of those guys that has a 100 mph jet boat...but has never been on REAL clocks to prove it or are you like every fisherman in Texas that has a 90 mph Bass Boat?
    Cheyenne
    I dont know you ar what you run but i would be willing to bet i will saw you off like a dead limb so mind your own.
    Cyclone
    It went 9.30 at 118 mph.Not bad for a brand new boat right off the trailer with no setup at all and blowing the tail at half track.
    Busby
    stop posting and get to work on the boat so we can go to the river this summer! :rollside:

pce680
    Gary
    yes, it did have a fuel motor in it. I`v talked with em many times while I was designing the bottom of my hydro. Nice guy and he was really open with me on what he did and what he had.
    This is the boat

Jet Hydro
    This boat is " Rated X " owned by Bill Henderson and driven by Don Yates.
    The picture was taken at Lake Ming in 1976.Don crashed on this run in the finish lights after it took 3 or 4 bad hops.Don was not hurt.The boat was built by Sanger Jack in Fresno,Ca. Ron Pitts
    PS When did you talk to Don Yates ? He passed away in 1995.He was my best friend.

sdba069
    A pilot friend of mine once told me "Never take off without a place to land". I find much wisdom in this.

sdba069
    Don't take too much away from old Cheyenne 372 or as I know him, Gary 1 R. He's got a nice little Papp Cheyenne with an injected BBC and it's a pretty stout piece. I have a little Placecraft here that runs 7.70's at 134 mph out here in 4000' air. The only reason it doesn't run faster is because of something about a capsule being required. It's amazing with a little sea level air will do for E.T. Not knocking it, just wish we could get a little of it out here.

pce680
    DON YATES driving the BLOWN FUEL JET " RATED X " owned by BILL HENDERSON. A Sanger Jet Hydro with a 426 Keith Black Engine.

PHOTO BY AL BOND/1976/LAKE MING,BAKERSFIELD,CA

Jet Hydro
    Jet Hydro
    This boat is " Rated X " owned by Bill Henderson and driven by Don Yates.
    The picture was taken at Lake Ming in 1976.Don crashed on this run in the finish lights after it took 3 or 4 bad hops.Don was not hurt.The boat was built by Sanger Jack in Fresno,Ca. Ron Pitts
    PS When did you talk to Don Yates ? He passed away in 1995.He was my best friend.
    Never talked to Yates, I talked to Dean Willis, You know, the guy that designed the hull
    Later
    I`m done

Jet Hydro
    TAXMAN
    like Cas said, give me a call, I`d be glad to tell ya what I know about em.

pce680
    Never talked to Yates, I talked to Dean Willis, You know, the guy that designed the hull
    Later
    I`m done
    Sanger Jack designed and built the hull. Ron :argue:

Cas
    Cheyenne
    I dont know you ar what you run but i would be willing to bet i will saw you off like a dead limb so mind your own.
    Busby,
    Would you classify the above as being arrogant or just plain being an a$$hole?
    Just need a little clarification for my own piece of mind
    Gotta hand to dj for typing what's on his mind

sanger rat
    Sanger Jack designed and built the hull. Ron :argue:
    I was going to stay out of this but....http://www.***boat.com/image_center/..._Jet_Hydro.bmp

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast