Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Moving to Georgia

Cheap Thrills
    I'll stay out west where we can pernounce all our lakes :rollside:
    Joe~Kass~E if you use the southern pronunciation or Jock ~Ah~See for the native American indian (Cherokee) thats Chair Roe Key ....
    Keowee.......Key~Oh~We.......
    Toxoway.... Tocks Away
    Chickamunga ... Chick~ Uh ~ Mun~ Guh
    Chattanooga... Chat.uh noo guh.
    Now that you can pronounce them bring your ass on out, Let's go boatin
    C.T. :wink:

Some Kind Of Monster
    Joe~Kass~E if you use the southern pronunciation or Jock ~Ah~See for the native American indian (Cherokee) thats Chair Roe Key ....
    Keowee.......Key~Oh~We.......
    Toxoway.... Tocks Away
    Chickamunga ... Chick~ Uh ~ Mun~ Guh
    Chattanooga... Chat.uh noo guh.
    Now that you can pronounce them bring your ass on out, Let's go boatin
    C.T. :wink:
    I might make it out there one day. I was in Georgia for basic training but I wasn't allowed to leave base often. I make it up to Ohio often to visit family. One of these days I might drag the boat out there for something different

THOR
    plenty of good lakes in the area. Plus you are just a short drive to downtown by peachtree city. Good times there. I lived and went to school at Auburn and know that area fairly well.

Newcastle
    Lake Lainier is great. Haven't boated on it but was there last year for my bro's wedding at the resort/hotel. If you golf, its must. Played both courses a total of 3 times. Nowhere here in California do you put on a perfectly manicured green overlooking a stunning lake with deer feet from you just staring. I'd love to move there if it wasn't for this whole job thing.

C-2
    We know somebody who did that exact move - from Corona to Georgia about a year and a half ago. They like it, said there kids caught some crap for dressing like gang-bangers (skaters here). They are also getting used to their new "upper-class" status too.
    Good lcuk and best wishes

Old Texan
    Lake Lainier is great. Haven't boated on it but was there last year for my bro's wedding at the resort/hotel. If you golf, its must. Played both courses a total of 3 times. Nowhere here in California do you put on a perfectly manicured green overlooking a stunning lake with deer feet from you just staring. I'd love to move there if it wasn't for this whole job thing.
    Cocktail Cove is next to 1 of the courses, Pine Isle. On a dogleg left you hit your drive over a corner of the cove. Lots of pressure when you have a 30 boat raft "cheering" you on. I've seen a couple frustrated hackers hit into the crowd. :crossx:
    One Sunday a big blonde Lab swam up and ran off with a golfer's ball. Funny as hell, he jumped back in and headed back to the boat.

lawbreaker2
    I have notice alot more california plates on cars up here in ohio this summer. I starting to wonder if they are all moving in, I talked to a guy a few years ago who move here, and with in 6 months, here was gone, went back to cali, could not take the cold here.

Newcastle
    Cocktail Cove is next to 1 of the courses, Pine Isle. On a dogleg left you hit your drive over a corner of the cove. Lots of pressure when you have a 30 boat raft "cheering" you on. I've seen a couple frustrated hackers hit into the crowd. :crossx:
    One Sunday a big blonde Lab swam up and ran off with a golfer's ball. Funny as hell, he jumped back in and headed back to the boat.
    Yup. PineIsle is it. I think I played that one twice. Awesome course. Had the wedding outside under the awning overlooking the lake. I think it was the 18th...can't remember....was already down a few Kettle/Rockstars

sorry dog
    Don't forget to stop by Walmart and buy a bug zapper. The skeeters up by JBBs can drain a pint an hour. Must be all the old tires layin around.

Old Texan
    Don't forget to stop by Walmart and buy a bug zapper. The skeeters up by JBBs can drain a pint an hour. Must be all the old tires layin around.
    In our time in GA we always got a kick out of how the locals thought they had 'skeeters. Being from the Gulf Coast my stock reply was "I've killed more mosquitos in one swat in Houston than I've killed in 5 years in Atlanta."
    Lack of bugs was something I really liked about north GA.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123