Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Rotten topic....Child Support

AZJD
    20%....IF WERE LUCKY. but hey, we get 100% of the blaim when it goes south...
    I love how everyone bitches and complains about their child support. In some cases I think it is a little high, like $750 per kid! However we all can go blow a hundo or two at the strip club without batting an eye! Suck it up and cut the check.................. It's your kid! It's the least you can do to keep an amicable relationship between you and your ex for your kids sake! My situation is the way it is because I swallowed my pride and just pay the $$$$$$$ I do ok, and my ex is loaded! She certainly doesn't need the $450 a month I give her, but it is a small price to pay for getting along! I could go back to court and get it reduced to $150 since I moved back to Az, but why bother, It gets used one way or another....... It could be worse, I could have to pay for her school!!!!!!!!!!!!! OUCH!!!$$$$$$$

WYRD
    I think that a couple hundred bucks is a small price to pay considering the amont of time and effort it takes to raise them and lets face it, most of us Dad's aren't doing but 20% of the child raising! Just my .02
    Unsure what statstic book youre reading but I dissagree :idea:

AZJD
    It is very rare to consider the spouses income, in dramatic cases they will consider it, but she would have to marry donald trump to make it a dramatic case............
    I have been through two child custody suits with both my divorces, in both cases the new husband and the new boyfriend make a great income and combined with my ex's the total combined household income exceeds mine, yet I am still paying support................................gotta love FUKUFORNIA :crossx:
    Dude, QUIT GETTING MARRIED! Arent you like late 20's and you have 2! Yikes

WYRD
    Dude, QUIT GETTING MARRIED! Arent you like late 20's and you have 2! Yikes
    LOL I hear ya and thanks for the compliment into my 30's :boxed:

UltraClean
    wow sounds like child support focking sucks!!!! good luck with that bad situation you are in!!! that would drive me up the focking wall!!

YeLLowBoaT
    You can still ask for a proof that she spent the money on the kids. Its very commen for that to be granted. you still have to pay for your kids...but if you can show that she is not spending the money on the kids you get credit back to you on future support... now that FTB took over CS collections they will get the money, one way or anohter.

AZJD
    Unsure what statstic book youre reading but I dissagree :idea:
    Much respect to you if you are spending more time than that with your kids! I would love to be able to see my daughter more, however it seems like she is busier than me sometimes! So I just go get involved in whatever she is doing or go hang out when she does it! Works out better for her. I don't want to disrupt her child life to be selfish or fight with mom!

seanv
    JD, everyones deal is different. i agree in manning up to your responsibilities but, SOME women will play the game and run a man into the poor house. my cousin is one of those poor souls. but, condoms are alot cheaper than 3 kids from 3 women :crossx: he HAS to have roomies to pay rent or he'ld be on the street. it sux.

AZJD
    JD, everyones deal is different. i agree in manning up to your responsibilities but, SOME women will play the game and run a man into the poor house. my cousin is one of those poor souls. but, condoms are alot cheaper than 3 kids from 3 women :crossx: he HAS to have roomies to pay rent or he'ld be on the street. it sux.
    I guess my situation isn't standard. You also cannot have more than 25% of your wages dipped into by law! So I don't know what some of these guys are paying or making, but I could certainly afford to live still if I was paying 25% of my income out!

seanv
    Much respect to you if you are spending more time than that with your kids! I would love to be able to see my daughter more, however it seems like she is busier than me sometimes! So I just go get involved in whatever she is doing or go hang out when she does it! Works out better for her. I don't want to disrupt her child life to be selfish or fight with mom!
    i played it that way for years and it worked great. i do wish i had more chances though. she's in high school now and i never see her.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast