Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long can you freeze cooked foods?

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    How long can you freeze food that has been cooked and still be able to eat it? I am trying to cook enough meals to last for a few days. My schedule doesnt allow me to have free time to cook several meals. I am on a strict diet and want to continue eating 6 meals per day. Anyone know?

YeLLowBoaT
    As long as its sealed up well, 6 months. If you vacum bag it longer then that( I'm not talking about the shit they sell on late night tv)
    Also you need to put it in the frig, before you freeze it... fast freezing is good, slow = bad.

Mandelon
    Someone got the ABS Diet book for Christmas.......

Tom Brown
    I am on a strict diet and want to continue eating 6 meals per day.
    Can't you just hit KFC 6 times per day?
    If you have well sealing containers, you can freeze stuff and it will stay decent for several weeks. If you use one of those vacuum packing systems, I would assume you could keep stuff frozen 6 months and not give it a second thought.

Tom Brown
    Also you need to put it in the frig, before you freeze it... fast freezing is good, slow = bad.
    Good tip. Thanks.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Cool, Then Im going to bar-b-que a truckload of chicken breasts Thanks fellas

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Someone got the ABS Diet book for Christmas.......
    Nawww, Already got abs Im actually trying to gain about 30lbs. Everyone is trying to loose weight while Im trying to gain Once I get to 250, Ill lean out to 235-240.

Baja Big Dog
    Get a vacumn sealer, use mine all the time, stuff freezes for a year.

a catered life
    As long as its sealed up well, 6 months. If you vacum bag it longer then that( I'm not talking about the shit they sell on late night tv)
    he is right and wrong....depending on wat kind of food it is quick chill is the process used to quick freez food in a commerical establishment.....so freeze it asap.....also a week in the freezer is nothing...we do it now with 4 kids and commuting to work daily

SmokinLowriderSS
    There is not a "time limit" on freezing, freezing very cold like -10F. As much as my wife keeps our deep freeze stocked, sometimes things get missed in the rotation (burried) and not eaten for years.
    You will not get decay/rot/bacteria growth in frozen foods till you thaw them.
    What you try to avoid is the food drying out (freezer-burn).
    Here's a site of good detail info if ya want:
    National Center for Home Food Preservation (http://www.uga.edu/nchfp/tips/summer..._freezing.html)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast