Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DUI in Parker?

SandbarScot
    People reading this should be aware that Boatcop is quoting Arizona law. California DUI laws differ in some areas. For example, there is no presumption of innocence for those testing under .05% All states vary.

CBadDad
    What really bummed me out was the flat out lies in the report. :cry:
    This is why the only way to avoid a DUI and all of the B.S.that goes with it, is to not drink and drive. Period. It really is as simple as that.
    It is a shame that the repeat offenders get nothing more than a slap on the wrist. I guess once you're marked as a DUI'er, why change, the punishment is gonna be much worse next time.

Boatcop
    I agree.
    My only gripe is that if they want to impose a brutally harsh penalty for first time offenders, then they need an expungment option if the offender stays outta trouble for a set amount of time.
    The almost death penalty that is imposed now is too harsh. Way way to harsh.
    Fleeing offenders trying to avoid the brutal penalty may take out a family in a mini van. For what??
    I look at the DUI (and OUI) laws as a deterrent, rather than a punishment. If it was a $50 dollar fine, it would give everyone a pass on the first time, and people would think it's no big deal. Make it hurt and people will (sometimes) think twice before doing it.
    That's the main reason that alcohol screening is required upon a conviction. It may just be a wake up call for someone who doesn't realize the extent of their problem. (If one exists)
    I seriously doubt that anyone who's ever been arrested for DUI or OUI had it happen on the first time they drove drunk. In reality it's probably their 10th or 20th offense. (or more)
    It was only the first time they were caught.

hoolign
    First thing you should do is quit your fukkin sniveling and suck it up pumpkin..ya were drinkin and drivin..and got nailed.. lucky your not posting that you ran over a kid! Never ceases to amaze me.. take a chance..get nailed.. :cry: :cry: :cry: We're all adults..we all know the risks.. and the consequences..yet still snivel about it ..why? cause the cards weren't in our favor. LMFAO! Probably gonna quit drinkin now too LMFAO

SK48
    If you want a good local attorney in Parker that will do a good
    job for you call John Churchill. It would be worth a few bucks
    to consult with him before going to court.

vee-driven
    a few years back my buddy got a dui in parker going across the street in a golf cart to the circle K to get some more beer, ironic haw, he was around the limit and he got it dropped to a wet and reckless. i think that is the best you can hope for.

SHOTKALLIN
    First thing you should do is quit your fukkin sniveling and suck it up pumpkin..ya were drinkin and drivin..and got nailed.. lucky your not posting that you ran over a kid! Never ceases to amaze me.. take a chance..get nailed.. :cry: :cry: :cry: We're all adults..we all know the risks.. and the consequences..yet still snivel about it ..why? cause the cards weren't in our favor. LMFAO! Probably gonna quit drinkin now too LMFAO
    i'll drink to that

ColeTR2
    I was riding a dirt bike on the road, no registration, no eye protection, didn't have my license on me, etc.
    It probably didn't help that last week at night someone was drunk riding a dirt bike about a mile from where you where stopped and got KILLED. :skull: So maybe your the lucky one! Boatcop do you have any info on this?

SoCalSouthpaw
    Insensitivity like this will not get you invited to Faceaz' Christmas Dinner. :hammer2:

Faceaz
    No sniveling here, I'll own up to it. I'm just looking for my best possible scenario, as anybody would. I'm not going to go to the judge and say give it to me, I deserve it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast