Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: DUI in Parker?

Community
    You talking about the guy who rode off the mountain behind the Cricle K? The bike was still on the side of the mountain on Friday. They say he may have been terminally ill? Not sure - but sad either way.
    I have to say, its pretty cool of BoatCop to come on here and give straight forward answers with no BS - very informative.
    I would be curious to know if its true about the automatic suspension of a license for decling a FST? What if you go down to the station, blow nothing because you are sober? Why would they suspend a sober person's license? Yes, if you were sober, you would not have a reason for declining other than if you thought you were being harassed or something???

460 jus getn it
    Like some have said, AZ is a zero tollerance state, I got a dui 4 years ago. Blew a .11, blood test was a .147 you do the math, something was wrong never the less tried to bet it and lost. 15,000 in fees and fines, 4 days in tent city and a host of classes. i was jailed again for a warrent 2 years later cause to place i did my classes at failed to report to the courts. So i did 32 hours of classes. My lic was suspended for 90 days(first 30 no driving) 60 of to and from work, school, etc. Yea it sucked, its crazy to see the lies on my report makes you think. Just my 2 cents, conslut with an laywer first before you go in.

Boatcop
    You talking about the guy who rode off the mountain behind the Cricle K? The bike was still on the side of the mountain on Friday. They say he may have been terminally ill? Not sure - but sad either way.
    I have to say, its pretty cool of BoatCop to come on here and give straight forward answers with no BS - very informative.
    I would be curious to know if its true about the automatic suspension of a license for decling a FST? What if you go down to the station, blow nothing because you are sober? Why would they suspend a sober person's license? Yes, if you were sober, you would not have a reason for declining other than if you thought you were being harassed or something???
    There is no license suspension for refusing FSTs or even the roadside preliminary breath test. (unless the roadside breath test is on a certified intoxilyzer unit) You are not required by any law to do them. They are simply an investigative tool. But the fact you refused the tests can be introduced at trial.
    The only suspension is for refusal of the intoxilyzer, or other admissible test (or tests) of the Officer's choosing (12 months) or testing above a .08% (90 days). A second refusal within 84 months (7 years) results in a 2 year suspension.
    The guy on the motorcycle who was killed was not terminal, but was a heavy drinker and off his meds. We'll know more when the autopsy is done.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234