Thread: Do it yourself wills,, your take:

Trailer Park Casanova
    I doing my will through one of those legal services.
    A few questions:
    Would it be better to have my new, erotic, beautiful, sexy wife on the title of the house,, or is putting her as beneficiary in the will good enough?
    Is their a better angle one way or the other?
    She is going to way, way,, out-live me, and I'm involved in some fairly risky motorsports.
    What is the best way to approach this?

Roxysnow
    If she is on the deed to the home then she can avoid the whole probate issue. If she isn't on deed and you pass away, some then probate can sometime be a bitch and there is a lenghty wait period especially if there are children involved. Good Luck!

RUSHIN ROULETTE
    I think a living trust is the best way....

voodoomedman
    Wills suck. Everything goes through probate. Muster up a grand and have a reputable lawyer do a living trust for you.
    But to answer your question specifically you need to get the house in both of your names as joint tenancy. It is the only one with rights of survivorship. Anything else and you go through probate.

HM
    I think a living trust is the best way....
    Ding ding ding ding ding.
    You can do these online as well. Go to www.legalzoom.com

3 daytona`s
    Ding ding ding ding ding.
    You can do these online as well. Go to www.legalzoom.com
    Hey, NUMB-NUTS with the drama you have caused and hatred you have spewed on SUNK THE BOAT.I`m thinking get your things in order,and soon

Trailer Park Casanova
    Thanks for the replies,, I'll check into the living trust, and spring the grand for a lawyer.

HM
    Hey, NUMB-NUTS with the drama you have caused and hatred you have spewed on SUNK THE BOAT.I`m thinking get your things in order,and soon
    LOL...already taken care of. You obviously have no idea what I do for a living.
    And I caused the drama and I am a hater? LOL....even funnier. Thanks, I needed a good belly laugh. Good job dragging it into another thread. You are wise beyond your years. :boxed:

wolfie
    Correct me if I'm wrong (and I know that there's plenty of people ready) if you put the house in a trust and name her in the trust, if something happens she will be the trustholder. If for any reason ( and we all know what those reason can be) you don't want her in the trust, she can be removed from the trust without her approval. If she's named on the title, she would have to sign a quick-claim to release it.

Trailer Park Casanova
    Correct me if I'm wrong (and I know that there's plenty of people ready) if you put the house in a trust and name her in the trust, if something happens she will be the trustholder. If for any reason ( and we all know what those reason can be) you don't want her in the trust, she can be removed from the trust without her approval. If she's named on the title, she would have to sign a quick-claim to release it.
    All right,, that's good info.
    I'll drop the $$ and get a lawyer to get it right.
    Thanks