Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Enduro news??

ColeTR2
    Friday before the race, any info about the boat that got the hole in the side of it? Was it going to participate in the race?

MAXIMUS
    Friday before the race, any info about the boat that got the hole in the side of it? Was it going to participate in the race?
    I don't know??? I can tell you they were running circles in front of our trailer for awhile until we heard that sick thumping sound. Apperantly they lost it in a turn to close to a dock & smacked it? I don't believe anybody was badly hurt but that nordic took a beating... :frown:

MAXIMUS
    Well I am back & tired as hell... We had a crazy ass week prior to running this race... My amigos were bolting the trans in my 151 boat while I was at the drivers meeting friday night. I left a little early. Hauled ass back to the trailer. Boat was on the ramp & waiting. Mad a few laps with it & stuck it back on the trailer in the dark. Went to bed at 8:00 pm & was at the race site at 5:30 AM with 3 boats as promised! We had a team of more than 20 people & 2 trucks loaded with fuel! Talk about a cluster... On my warm up lap the new "trick" turbo 400 trans started blowing trans fluid out the dip stick & I had a nice water leak in a line... Quick repair & on the water for the div 3 start. All 3 boats (Plan B, 420, & Wiskers 151) were in same division. I sat in the boat for about 20 min waiting to leave... the whole time heckeling Joey Cucci & his team... lol Flag dropped & for the next hour & change I had the time of my life. Plan B appears to have started in on an exhaust valve, as I passed Grich on lap 16, thought maybe I would pull in to see if I could help.... :idea: Second thought I was racing & it was probably his fault so fuk him! lol... Next lap as I was looking over & wondering what they were doing when all of sudden the 151 starting shaking & rattling!!!!!!!! There went trans #2... Joey made sure to give me the middle finger up as he went by... & my team mate Dave chandler returned a friendly wave as he passed... As I floated waiting for help I started thinking about the positive side to this scenario... FOOD & Drink just moments away!!!!! People kept comming over & saying how sorry they were for our hard luck... & all I kept saying is if you could only of had the amount of fun we had you would realize it is I who is sorry for those who were not out there participating!!!!!
    Ross thank you from all of us for giving us another year of enduro racing!!!!

Moneypitt
    Almost makes me feel like I was there. A racers view of a race is always best. The trials and tribulations of being involved, while a giant when happening, all seem trivial when all is said and done. Sounds like you truly had a great time, and as mentioned already, all the racers and teams were winners, just to have "made the call to start". See you Thanksgiving.............Ray
    PS: Trany problems couldn't be driver error, but valve problems, that could be a different story.........

MAXIMUS
    I gotta say that sitting on the beach & watching Gary in the Justified boat gave me chills... He & his team were hauling the mail & taking no prisoners... He put the heat on Mike Avilla's team for sure. Both of Mikes boats ran hard & to see those guys smokin on the water was really cool! I was glad to see Gary was not afraid to take a break when he got a little thirsty... I was relieved to see him standing by his boat at the end of the day!
    Congrats to Pat Bowman, Ron & Chad Hill for an outstanding performance!
    The Mandella team rocked hard! I loved seeing that thing on the water knocking down lap after lap with out missing a beat! They earned their divison win!
    That squirrely team with the sanger flat (420) didn't do to bad for a bunch of wanna be's... :messedup: Thanks John for stepping up to the plate with both feet. That ski flat of yours has a big heart! You deserved that weak ass 2nd place plaque... lol...
    For all the jet fans there were a few out there running strong all day & finishing with no misfourtunes...
    To all the other teams that participated... congradulations on another outstanding day of fun in the sun! These are memories I shall cheerish for the rest of my life!

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    ...These are memories I shall cheerish for the rest of my life!
    Don't go getting all sensitive on us you big gay jeezus homo. Lol! Oh, and thanks for the call back.

Dave Sammons
    I don't know??? I can tell you they were running circles in front of our trailer for awhile until we heard that sick thumping sound. Apperantly they lost it in a turn to close to a dock & smacked it? I don't believe anybody was badly hurt but that nordic took a beating... :frown:
    I was there for it...Just like we talked over in the "Saftey Thread", the 69 Aquacraft lost a steering chain going down river about 40feet off the dock, spun a 180 to the right and smacked the dock with the side of the boat...Pretty scary deal considering he was about twice as far out as alot of the boats were during the race! Driver, Dick Waldrip is OK, boat is repairable.

CampbellCarl
    I had the honor to serve Gary Hairebedian's GN17 as a crew member. That Schiada just flat hauls the mail! Despite a fuel usage/lap count mishap then Gary finding a hole in the water (he went for a swim at lap 49) that put us out of the race, he still had enough laps to take 2nd in Div 6. A great day and great race. I just can't say enough about the rigging and clean lines that the 17 brings to the water. I don't know how to post pix. Maybe someone can do for me.
    Carl

Firecracker
    It was great to see how many boats were out there, and there were alot of familiar faces from ski racing there. That was great! Seeing Mike and Gary out there was great racing! Every lap that went by you were wondering who was going to be in front, and how close they were going to be to eachother. There is nothing like hearing that "hum" that comes from a Schiada when is movin'.
    I would like to say congratulations to all that participated, and thank you all for putting on a great show for us to watch! Great job Ross!

GofastRacer
    I had the honor to serve Gary Hairebedian's GN17 as a crew member. That Schiada just flat hauls the mail! Despite a fuel usage/lap count mishap then Gary finding a hole in the water (he went for a swim at lap 49) that put us out of the race, he still had enough laps to take 2nd in Div 6. A great day and great race. I just can't say enough about the rigging and clean lines that the 17 brings to the water. I don't know how to post pix. Maybe someone can do for me.
    Carl
    Gary's Schiada is definitely badass!..
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...chmentid=19048
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...chmentid=19049
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...chmentid=19050
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...chmentid=19051

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast