Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: P-ed off at trailer brakes

RitcheyRch
    Took my boat out of storage this morning to put a nice coat of wax on it and some Meguiars 57 on the interior. Went to put the boat back in storage and couldnt figure out why my truck had no guts. Got to the storage yard and realized the trailer brakes were sticking. The wheels were so HOT that I couldnt touch them. What pisses me off is that they were installed on Sept 25th. Unbelieveable that they would be acting up after only a month and havent even been on any long trips with them. My trailer didnt have brakes installed when was built back in 1988. I think at that time it was an option. Still boggles me that someone would not buy the option.
    Sorry for the rant.

Singleton
    Had a very similiar problem. Just plan sucks
    took the trailer to Patrick @ Orange Trailer and Maintenance and had to replace everything. At least the company in San Diego gave me my money back.

RitcheyRch
    I had Accurate Trailers in SCV do all the work. Have a feeling he has the plunger for the surge brakes too sensitive. Either way is going back Monday morning to have it looked at. Should be under warranty.

Sherpa
    there isn't really any "adjustments" to the master-cylinder piston. the
    installer must have the brake shoes adjusted too tight in the drums.
    a simple brake-adjuster spoon and 5 minutes each side can cure that.
    --Sherpa

RitcheyRch
    They are disc brakes
    there isn't really any "adjustments" to the master-cylinder piston. the
    installer must have the brake shoes adjusted too tight in the drums.
    a simple brake-adjuster spoon and 5 minutes each side can cure that.
    --Sherpa

rrrr
    Mine are doing the same thing.....blew both tires from heat failure. The manufacturer claimed they fixed 'em, guess I'll have to do it myself.... :yuk:

RitcheyRch
    Hope they can fix mine. They are less than one month old. Shouldnt be having problems already.

Sherpa
    DOH-! didn't see that one coming..............
    ah, is there a residual-valve in there somewhere-?? that's the only thing to
    maintain pressure against the disc then... or am I speaking out my ass again.
    --Sherpa

RitcheyRch
    No idea. I sure hope I dont blow the tires driving back to the trailer shop since they are only a few months old.
    DOH-! didn't see that one coming..............
    ah, is there a residual-valve in there somewhere-?? that's the only thing to
    maintain pressure against the disc then... or am I speaking out my ass again.
    --Sherpa

scooooter7
    I would call first, before I drove it and overheated the rotors and all. IMO

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast