Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: P-ed off at trailer brakes

RitcheyRch
    I did call them and they told me to bring it in.
    I would call first, before I drove it and overheated the rotors and all. IMO

BigDogIvan
    Did the install a reverse lock out valve just behind the master cylinder?
    COuld be installed wrong or wrong master. There is a diference between disc and drum master cyliders.

RitcheyRch
    Yes, there is a reverse lock-out installed. Taking back in the morning on my way tto work. Glad wasnt on a long trip when noticed they are dragging.
    Did the install a reverse lock out valve just behind the master cylinder?
    COuld be installed wrong or wrong master. There is a diference between disc and drum master cyliders.

BigDogIvan
    Just wondering if you got it back last night and what they replaced or fixed.

BadKachina
    I'm interested to know what the problem and what the fix is. There really isn't any way to adjust your disc brakes. In my opinion, and it's only an opinion, your boat and trailer aren't heavy enough for discs, I would have recommended drums to you. I would also like to know how you adjust the sensitivy of the plunger? All there basically is, is a master bolted to your frame with a plunger attached to your receiver. There's usually a spring and shock also. I'm not sure if you can change the spring and the shock to springs or shocks with different rates. Keep us posted on the progress.

RitcheyRch
    They turned the rotors and replaced the pads. Looks like there was a kink in the flex line coming out of the master cylinder which was holding line pressure to the pads and not allowing them to retract within the caliper.

BigDogIvan
    YIKES!!! That would do it. Atleast it was an easy fix and they took care of it.

BigDogIvan
    Just curious. What rotor/caliper setup did they use?

RitcheyRch
    They used Kodiak calipers and rotors.
    Just curious. What rotor/caliper setup did they use?
    Yes, am glad they fixed it with no questions. He realized they screwed up during installation. Just glad they work now. Now can hear them disengage when taking off from a stop light. Didnt have that before.
    YIKES!!! That would do it. Atleast it was an easy fix and they took care of it.

BigDogIvan
    COOL!! Kodiac has a great setup. I upgraded my trailer last year from drum to the UFP disc and calipers. Best damn thing I could have ever done to it!! Since the install I don't know why anyone would have drum brakes on there trailer. Just my .02 bits worth.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast