Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ????

Knotbad
    So tell us what YOU know about Halliburton and KBR. Googling up ramblings isn't what I'd consider accurate research.
    Most of these contractors are picked because of experience and ability. Low bidder BS doesn't cut it when the options hinder the "project". LBJ helped put B&R in place and subsequently their offshoot companies have pretty much controlled the contracts in time of need and war.
    What do you say about Boeing,Lockheed, and numerous other defense contractor s that just "seem" to always win the bids? Too many view them as "big business" buying everyone off when in essence they are proud American skilled business that get the job done a helluva alot better than anyone else in the world and have the resources to "win" or be awarded contracts no one else can F'ing do..
    It really pisses me off when most folks that bitch about our industrial giants winning all the big projects come from lame asse electorates that vote a Ted Kennedy (D-MA) or John Cronin (sp) (D-MI) into office for a lifetime. If you want to put limits on somebody doing a job, start with out House and Senate.
    If Nancy Pelosi or Dirtbag Harry Reid had to win on merit they'd still be working for the local CofC in their hometowns booking tour buses.
    1. I dont know any more about H/KBR and its work than what I read in the paper, but now that I've found all that, I will bone up on my reading. If you want to know how they spend YOUR money I suggest you do the same.
    2. "Ramblings" is exactly what I call your post. Much flapping of gums without any purpose.
    3. H/KBR's main competitors are Bechtel, Schlumberger and Technip. Now as to whether any of those companies were allowed to send in sealed bids for any of the work H/KBR is doing in Iraq or anywhere else in the world is anybody's guess because they aren't talking, and neither is the selection committee that made the decision to hire H/KBR.
    4. As to the rest of your post see comment 2 above.

Old Texan
    1. I dont know any more about H/KBR and its work than what I read in the paper, but now that I've found all that, I will bone up on my reading. If you want to know how they spend YOUR money I suggest you do the same.
    2. "Ramblings" is exactly what I call your post. Much flapping of gums without any purpose.
    3. H/KBR's main competitors are Bechtel, Schlumberger and Technip. Now as to whether any of those companies were allowed to send in sealed bids for any of the work H/KBR is doing in Iraq or anywhere else in the world is anybody's guess because they aren't talking, and neither is the selection committee that made the decision to hire H/KBR.
    4. As to the rest of your post see comment 2 above.
    Wonderful, we have been blessed with the presence of a "Newspaper Scholar".
    Reply 3- Is this answer direct from your hometown rag's business section? Very educated staff apparently.
    At 11 posts I believe you are still in potential troll stage as everything you've thrown out has been contradictive with no back-up. A pot stirrer so to speak.

SmokinLowriderSS
    He's looking for someone to explain it to him. It's a very simple question, with a very simple answer.
    His problem is his history posted on here the last 2 years parroting the "inside deal Cheney/Halliburton" bullshi+ when he has no clue what Halliburton does, who their competition in the business is, or anything else but that someone in the govt owns stock in them (which is legal by the way). I 'll bet a LOT of smart govt employees own Haliburton stock, it's a solid performer.
    I wish I owned some. My father just might, I have not checked his holdings.
    This was a cometetively bid contract, just as all the "inside deal Cheney/Halliburton" bullshi+ screechers want to claim doesn't happen.
    DO you have a problem with Haliburton winning this contract? Yes or no answers only blown
    Yes
    or
    No
    Tell us what other company should have been awarded the contract instead.
    What other company/companies were qualified to bid on the contract?
    The bump for you to answer blown, since your buddy hasn't been helping you much
    Also, since knot has named the 3 FOREIGN corporations that can do what Haliburton does, would you (and anyone else) be screaming if a foreign corporation were suplying the US millitary with fuel, food, laundry, buiding infrastructure at US expense while the expense money goes to a foreign corporation?
    If it is preferable that one of these 3 other companies do the work, JUSTIFY WHY.

Blown 472
    You are making all kinds of assuptions about this. Did you read it at all?

SmokinLowriderSS
    He's looking for someone to explain it to him. It's a very simple question, with a very simple answer.
    His problem is his history posted on here the last 2 years parroting the "inside deal Cheney/Halliburton" bullshi+ when he has no clue what Halliburton does, who their competition in the business is, or anything else but that someone in the govt owns stock in them (which is legal by the way). I 'll bet a LOT of smart govt employees own Haliburton stock, it's a solid performer.
    I wish I owned some. My father just might, I have not checked his holdings.
    This was a cometetively bid contract, just as all the "inside deal Cheney/Halliburton" bullshi+ screechers want to claim doesn't happen.
    DO you have a problem with Haliburton winning this contract? Yes or no answers only blown
    Yes
    or
    No
    Tell us what other company should have been awarded the contract instead.
    What other company/companies were qualified to bid on the contract?
    Questions for you blown, 1 is a very simple, yes or no.

Blown 472
    Questions for you blown, 1 is a very simple, yes or no.
    The reason I posted it was the fact they building detention centers not who got them, you read into that all on your own, a such a nice job you did too.
    Now dont you find it odd we are building these centers??

SmokinLowriderSS
    Ahem ............
    Do you have a problem with them building them, AND should a third country corproration have that contract instead? Why.

Her454
    You boyz didnt learn a damn thing did ya? :crossx:

SmokinLowriderSS
    He Her454.
    Ummmmm I didn't get sent to my room for a week.
    I play well with others, I just don't play FAIR. :crossx:

Blown 472
    Ahem ............
    Do you have a problem with them building them, AND should a third country corproration have that contract instead? Why.
    HELLO, I WILL TYPE SLOW AND LARGE SO YOU UNDERSTAND, DONT CARE WHO IS BUILDING THEM, WONDERING WHY THEY ARE GETTING BUILT. SHEESH.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast