Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wire prices

Nord
    I don't know if you guys have an Orvac out there, but you can get high quality wire without brand names for about 1/2 the price.
    I bet they have an online site as well

phebus
    I just talked to my friend that is an electrical contractor, and he said that Home Depot is about as cheap as anywhere. He did tell me that they should have the #6 in 500' spools, and it is about half the price then if you have them take it off spools at the wire rack. So, hopefully they have the 500' spools, and I will just buy black and color code the ends.

Not So Fast
    Rick, I changed out some can lights in the house to flexible eyeballs and H.D. was about 20% cheaper than Current Supply for the exact same thing????????? NSF

phebus
    My friend said that as a general rule, he only uses the elec. supply houses when he needs something special that Home depot doesn't carry.
    Say's something about H.D. pricing, and makes me wonder how the supply houses stay in business.

Big Kahunaa
    Lowes is going to be open this week in the bhc i get to go check it out tomarow because of the biz

HatenWinter
    I feel your pain! We just wired our spa and spent a small fortune, a majority of it was the cost of the wire from Home Depot. It's no wonder people are stealing this stuff these days...

phebus
    The backhoe cost me $100. The conduit cost me about $100. The spa panel cost me about $120. The wire will cost me between $300-$500 depending on the spool deal. The breaker is cheap, and then all I need is the weatherproof flex from the panel to the spa.
    Very costly project.

TCHB
    I can send you over to our electrical supply contractor if you are around Orange County. Good luck.

wsuwrhr
    Mc Master Carr delivers to havasu

I've got a shitload of #6 stranded we pulled out of last warehouse, like new condition. Thought I was going to reuse but didn't.
    I'm pretty sure I've got 150 ft runs of 7 colors. If you're interested I'll measure it out. I'll sell it for 1/2 HD price whatever that is.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast