Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wire prices

wsuwrhr
    So YOU are one of the sketchers stealing wire.
    I never knew Rexie.
    Brian
    I've got a shitload of #6 stranded we pulled out of last warehouse, like new condition. Thought I was going to reuse but didn't.
    I'm pretty sure I've got 150 ft runs of 7 colors. If you're interested I'll measure it out. I'll sell it for 1/2 HD price whatever that is.

GHT
    I am running a new electric line from my panel to the future spa location. The line will be 150' long, and I am using #6 wire. I went to Home Depot to price the wire, and the #6 was 94 cents a foot!! Holy crap, I need 450' of it, and 150' of # 10 for a ground.
    Sorry honey, Christmas has been cancelled
    Welcome to construction... Copper, Brass, Aluminum, are all a big ticket item for theft at construction sites... Only because it is expensive.. The price you paid is almost market.

So YOU are one of the sketchers stealing wire.
    I never knew Rexie.
    Brian
    Actually it is my wire, to my machine subpanel and I was authorized to pull it.

jimslade
    Conduit is the best way to go. Lightning loves direct buried wire. Check local suppliers and ask for trade prices. With the amount you need you should get trade price.

XtrmWakeborder
    If your in socal check out CED and Rhino electric. We use them almost exclusively. This year alone we recycled 1000 dollars worth of extra scrap wire, i guess its a double edge sword on the price of wire.

phebus
    I've got a shitload of #6 stranded we pulled out of last warehouse, like new condition. Thought I was going to reuse but didn't.
    I'm pretty sure I've got 150 ft runs of 7 colors. If you're interested I'll measure it out. I'll sell it for 1/2 HD price whatever that is.
    Rex, if you could measure it out, that would be great. I'm going to Home Depot in the morning, and I'll check their price, and if they have it by the spool. I have a doctors appt. in Orange County on Tuesday, and if we worked it out, I could come by and pick it up either on my way in or out that day.

67weimann
    Blah blah blah...dude I do this shit every day and a supply house isn't going to be any cheaper...usually more than HD. Buy the 500' spool from HD. I just hooked up a spa and I bought a 500' spool from HD for like $278...whatever that comes out to. Contractor prices aren't any different unless you are talking about buying a shit load. As far as the breaker goes...it must be a GFI breaker and they aren't cheap(I use that term loosely), A Square D 2 pole 50 amp breaker at HD is around $90...Supply house $120...to me that ain't "cheap"...

67weimann
    The backhoe cost me $100. The conduit cost me about $100. The spa panel cost me about $120. The wire will cost me between $300-$500 depending on the spool deal. The breaker is cheap, and then all I need is the weatherproof flex from the panel to the spa.
    Very costly project.
    Are you running the spa panel That has the GFI breaker in it? Then you are gonna have another breaker in the main house panel feeding this sub-panel? If this is the way you are going, disregard the previous statment about the breaker being cheap cuz a standard breaker is cheap just not a GFI

phebus
    The spa panel does have the GFI breaker built in, so I just have to buy a 50a breaker for the main panel.

67weimann
    The spa panel does have the GFI breaker built in, so I just have to buy a 50a breaker for the main panel.
    cool...sounds like you are good to go. Just go buy the spool from HD it is usually on the ground next to the rack where they cut the wire...Good luck. If you got any more questions about it, PM me. I'm glad to help

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast