Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jones Tach replacement ?

boatguy222
    I am replacing a Jones tach, and want to run an electric unit in the same size hole in the dash of this boat, so what should I get???????

wsuwrhr
    Autometer, hands down.
    Brian

T-Bag
    Autometer moster tachs have a small body with a large front. the small body part should fit in the old jones hole.

BGMAN203
    Just remember if your using a magneto...like a vertex or something you need one of theoes autometer volt convertoer or some shit like that....right guys??

GofastRacer
    boatguy222:
    I am replacing a Jones tach, and want to run an electric unit in the same size hole in the dash of this boat, so what should I get??????? The AutoMeter fits perfect, use the mount that comes with it and mount it behind the dash so it's not solid. I was going to that with mine but I kinda liked it better on the column!. You can't beat the AutoMeter though!..

GofastRacer
    BGMAN203:
    Just remember if your using a magneto...like a vertex or something you need one of theoes autometer volt convertoer or some shit like that....right guys?? Nope, no converter needed, AutoMeter has a tach for the Vertex mag!..

boatguy222
    GofastRacer:
    boatguy222:
    I am replacing a Jones tach, and want to run an electric unit in the same size hole in the dash of this boat, so what should I get??????? The AutoMeter fits perfect, use the mount that comes with it and mount it behind the dash so it's not solid. I was going to that with mine but I kinda liked it better on the column!. You can't beat the AutoMeter though!.. I am running a MSD 7, Also the rest of my guages are S/W. and would like something that would match half way close, I am also running the the angled bezels for the gages in the dash, so the Moster tach won't work.

GofastRacer
    S/W should have a matching tach to go along with the rest of your guages I would think!...

superdave013
    I agree that S/W should also have a matching tach.
    I just went through the same thing. But all my other gauges were already autometer. This tach fit the old Jones hole pretty well.
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/9dash.jpg[/img]

GofastRacer
    That's bitchin!..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast